[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Paying with Bitcoin

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: 1499310598918.jpg (27KB, 603x466px) Image search: [Google]
1499310598918.jpg
27KB, 603x466px
Can someone explain to a retard (me) how paying with Bitcoin can possibly work? Like, if .01 bitcoin is worth say $38 when you click checkout, but becomes $33 when the seller trades it for 'real' currency, how can wares be accurately priced in btc?
>>
>>3502797
>01 bitcoin is worth say $38
pffft, thats .000000000000001 btc in 2020
>>
>>3502824
is that evasive language for "i dont know"?
>>
I am a god and I will let you know about my genius dear retard

The current BTC price is grabbed from an API

Then an algorithm is placed to determine the BTC price

The algorithm for the BTC price would be the fiat price for the product(s)/service divided by the BTC value, if I'm not tripping
>>
It's a risk for the giver (person buying stuff) and the receiver (usually a middleman that converts crypto to fiat for the buyer imeddiately).

Also prices are usually set in fiat and then converted to crypto using whatever is the current exchange rate.
>>
>>3502867
Oh, the algo should also plus the transfer BTC cost I guess, if it's paid by the customer which it probably will. I assume that this also can be grabbed from an API I assume
>>
>>3502797
By paying with bitcoin, and not some fiat currency.
1M satoshi will always be 1M satoshi.
>>
>>3503039
>>3502873
>>3502891
>>3502867

Thanks gents. Still seems kinda risky but at least there are countermeasures
>>
>year 2025
>dollar is long gone, worth nothing, nobody wants it, just like leaves in the trees
>things get priced in tiny fractions of btc
>???
>>
File: hqdefault (2).jpg (25KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (2).jpg
25KB, 480x360px
What is the price of something is $32.42½
>>
>>3503061
It's sounds risky because btc now is volatile as fuck. Start comparing the btc price to stuffs for getting clearer picture instead of comparing it to fiat.
>1btc means 10 ton of rice
>>
The volatility will go away when it becomes mass adopted
>>
the price is so volatile because its still pretty low market cap. When the marketcap is in the trillions, the price per bitcoin wont be so volatile
>>
When JP Morgan has 51% of all btc in active circulation, they will regulate and set a fixed price forcing whales to come out and crash the market resulting in them buying up even more and making an end to it.
>>
File: dense.png (70KB, 243x200px) Image search: [Google]
dense.png
70KB, 243x200px
this thread is the best example of how retarded this board is holy shit
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.