[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/biz/ has ruined my life. A year ago I entered my senior year

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 6

File: pink.jpg (6KB, 224x225px) Image search: [Google]
pink.jpg
6KB, 224x225px
/biz/ has ruined my life.

A year ago I entered my senior year of college. Out of idealism or stupidity (is there really much of a difference?) I had chosen to major in philosophy. In the autumn of my final year I was having the dawning realization that the job market was non-existent.

One Saturday, hungover, I dragged myself out of bed to slave away at my minimum wage job. My roommates had thrown a party the night before, so I hadn’t got much sleep.

That day I went outside, and found my doorstep covered in blood and shit. Someone had bloody diarrhea all over the front porch last night. I vomited. Great, I thought, What a way to start the day.

I was working the early bird special at a local diner. My job was hell. A bus would arrive from the local nursing home, full of the most grotesque and evil people I’ve ever dealt with. It’s no wonder their children abandoned them at that wretched place. They would forget what year it was and smoke cigarettes at their tables. They’d forget what they ordered and chastise and insult me when I’d bring out exactly what they asked for. No matter how patient or kind I was they’d always call my manager over and slander me. They’d gang up on me and fabricate stories, having their fellow seniors back up their ridiculous claims. And worst of all, they’d NEVER tip. Instead, they’d leave little religious or motivational cards.

A heavy fog had rolled off the lake that morning. I was washing tables when a man came in, someone who seemed out of place. He wore a perfectly tailored suit, an emerald green tie, and slicked back hair. As he passed me I caught the scent of cologne. It smelled like wealth and power.
>>
>>3478782
cont
>>
File: wojak.png (50KB, 768x672px) Image search: [Google]
wojak.png
50KB, 768x672px
>>3478782

He sat at the counter and I took his order. He didn’t speak, he just scrolled through a tablet, looking at charts and graphs. But once he’d finished, and I gave him his check, he looked up at me and said:

“You must be miserable. Working day in and day out for this,” he held up a US dollar, “this worthless fiat money. I used to be just like you. A wage slave. But there is another way. Look at me – last week, I bought my first sports car.”

He gestured out at the parking lot but all I saw was grey.

He continued: “No matter how hard you work, no matter how much hoops you jump through, no matter how much you do exactly as you’re told… you’ll never reach escape velocity. Your life will go on and on like this, like a boat stuck in a loch that’s halfway filled but will never go any higher. Look around you: this is it. So long as you live by the US dollar, this is all you’ll ever be.”

I kindly refused his offer. He left me a large tip and a business card, then walked out into the fog.

That night my roommates threw another party. It was midnight, and I was staring at my ceiling, unable to sleep. Unable to think. I turned over that business card in my hand. It was such a simple item but it held such power over me. “Minos Bitcoin” it said, “Available Anytime”. I caved and called the number.
>>
File: www.png (423KB, 808x805px) Image search: [Google]
www.png
423KB, 808x805px
>>3478900

Despite being the dead of night, he answered immediately. I said that I wanted in. Whatever it was, I wanted in. He said to be ready in 20 minutes, and asked for my address.

He picked me up in a red sportscar. He explained to me that he ran a local bitcoin business. People gave him cash, and he’d transfer them bitcoins. It was a very professional operation, but he was keeping it quiet from Uncle Sam.

We drove around all night. We stopped at a local college, at mansions, at shady apartments. I couldn’t believe the sheer quantity of some of the transactions. And every time we’d get a cut.

He dropped me off at my house in the early hours of the morning. We got out of the car and smoked some cigarettes, and watched the sun rise. Then and there I called up my boss and quit. It was the best feeling I’d ever had – genuine freedom.

Every night I’d help him go around selling bitcoin. It was a whole nocturnal world I’d never really known before. We met the strangest characters. Some were clearly criminals. Others were just kids. Eventually he trusted me to make sales on my own, and I’d prowl around the state late at night, making myself a small fortune.

I dropped out of school. I know I only had one semester left but I figured it was just an expensive dead end. If only I knew what was coming.
>>
File: 1504748347810.png (140KB, 1793x1313px) Image search: [Google]
1504748347810.png
140KB, 1793x1313px
>>3478961

Around that time I discovered /biz/, and was taken by the idea of altcoins. We mostly dealt in bitcoin or monero, but there was a whole universe of other coins out there. I got in early on ethereum and by the spring I had massive gains.

Then in late June, my partner went on vacation. He was heading to Monaco or Switzerland – he was very evasive about exact details. He entrusted me with the company funds during that time. He gave me full access to everything.

Well, /biz/, as you can guess I had a lapse in judgement. Seeing how my altcoin trading had let me amass a small fortune, I began to invest the company’s coins. I went all in on Golem, Decred, and Doge.

July was an ocean of red. Every time I moved the coins around to try and salvage my situation it would only get worse. Fees and endless losses bled the companies supply dry. By the end of July only ¼ of the original amount was left. I tried working overtime to make up for the losses, taking energy drink after energy drink and chain smoking as I drove around making sales.

In late July I crashed my car. I had fallen asleep at the wheel, only a mile from my house. I totaled the car, and gave myself a serious concussion as well as a permanent, slight limp.
>>
Nice movie script OP bought 10k tickets
>>
File: 1497970461124.png (945KB, 700x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1497970461124.png
945KB, 700x2000px
>>3479012

When I woke up in the hospital room my partner was there. He acted concerned and brought me a card. He even offered to pay for a brand new car. I felt so relieved.

We left the hospital but we didn’t drive home. Neither of us spoke. I could barely move, as my whole body was wracked with pain. But I knew something was off. He knew.

Instead, we arrived at a raised ranch in a bad part of town. Two men stepped out and dragged me inside. Once there, they made me surrender my own personal crypto to make up for the company losses. They took every penny I had.

To add injury to insult, once I’d transferred them the coins, they threw me down the stairs outside. I landed facefirst on the cement, and tasted my mouth fill with blood. All of my front teeth were broken or chipped.

It’s been a month and a half and I don’t know what to do. My savings are dwindling, I have no job, and no degree. Worst of all, I don’t have dental insurance, so I don’t know what to do about my mangled teeth.

Bu no matter how down I get, I still have hope. I’ve been reading the white papers for coins and I think I’ve found my golden ticket, my moonshot. It’s called Digitbyte (DGB). It’s not the most well known coin but I think it’s destined for greatness.
>>
It was DGB the whole time
>>
Damn, they should film your life.
>>
>>3479243
DGB it is. In OP we trust.
>>
File: 1504558380699.jpg (48KB, 410x416px) Image search: [Google]
1504558380699.jpg
48KB, 410x416px
That was beautiful OP. Would read again!
>>
>>3479161
these DGB shill posts are getting intense such emotional investment, wow
should've taken all that DOGE money and gotten into the RIP
>>
That was actually pretty good. Well done OP
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.