[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Farming, Motherfuckers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: 1503537860763.jpg (2MB, 2000x1485px) Image search: [Google]
1503537860763.jpg
2MB, 2000x1485px
Is there any reason not to become a farmer?

I have access to the capital, I enjoy hard work, and I have a deeply rooted pastoral complex in my idiot peasant brain. Working in a LabCorps office is killing me.

Give me a reason not to make organic goat cheese and wine for the rest of my life.
>>
>>3474910
but first, you'll need invest in crypto, because NO MONEY BRO
>>
>>3474910
Sounds nice to me, OP.
>>
>>3474910
I've considered it, however, you should know that you're not gonna be rich being a farmer. I'm not saying you need to be filthy rich and spend your money everywhere, but you need to be financially secure before you can start planting potatoes without stressing out if the crops will die.
>>
real life farmer her. if you are ok with abject poverty and jews in real life trying to steal your land in any scheme they can concoct be a framer. this is not a larp jew lawyers will immediately begin trying to steal your land if they think its valuable land for housing and mortgage schemes for real. its horrible, the usda for a long time was giving their program dollars to black women larping as farmers
>>
you make good money a few days of harvest for your crop but its abject poverty the rest of the time. the cost of industrial farming is astronomical and is for multimillionaires only. dont be a farmer in usa , it is fucking awful awful terrible poverty. nurseries are the only safe haven for small farming.
>>
there are inheritted farmers who do well because they dont have to pay for land or building a farm, but seriously. dont be a farmer its fucking terrible horrible and awful poverty. people want to pay what it costs to grow food. the usda is total dogshit for support, the local government wants housing on your land for tax revenue. there is no life in farming just suffering. dont let tv ads and sons of big ag confuse you, farming is not a life will not pay iving wages and the entire govt structure is out to destroy your farm. you will litterally be robbed by lawyers jews and government.
>>
>>3475040
The only crops worth growing here in Virginia seem to be soy, corn and grapes, and the average farm size is about 20 acres. That seems manageable.

>>3475039
I have access to about 300k. From the expense breakdowns I can find, that looks to be about half the value of most family-sized plots of land in my state. It's not a fortune, but it looks like it'll set me up better than a lot of guys.
>>
meant people DONT want to pay what it costs to grow food in usa
>>
File: cigares-de-joy-1024x459.jpg (165KB, 1024x459px) Image search: [Google]
cigares-de-joy-1024x459.jpg
165KB, 1024x459px
>>3475181
Fellow Virginian, might I suggest you plant a crop of brown gold? It cures every ailment and even cleans the throat when sick!
>>
>>3475229
I thought farming in the US was heavily subsidized by uncle sam and somewhat manageable.
>>
>>3475181
a single tractor for soy costs 300k. please dont do it. go work at a farm to see how it is. its not vineyards and grand houses, its mobile homes and abject poverty
>>
>>3474910
To make any profit assuming you are in the US, you really need to get the right people or know all the tricks of the trade. You are going to have to min max everything if you plan to make a small farm profitable and know how to market yourself. Agriculture in the US is very anti small farm.
>>
>>3475265
I worked at a corn farm for a couple summers during college. It was kind of shit but I could see the appeal.

>>3475256
The subsidies barely outweigh the other forces tearing at the American farmer. It's true that developers are always happy to do some nasty shit to steal land away from people. The DOA is in desperate need of reorganization.
>>
>>3475256
thats what the ads say but wait till you fill out the paperwork have your land inspected then wait wait wait while niggers in flipflops get your grants and jew lawyers take your land and the usda still doesnt help. oce your poor from starting your farm they have you by the balls. next comes jews in civil court and you cant afford a legal team but the real estate developers can. its fucked its a nightmare. DONT DO IT unless you are already rich and do it for pleasure
>>
>>3475251
>tobacco

I wonder how heavily the marijuana codes will be abused when that shit is finally legal here.
>>
>>3474910
Hey anon, why not grow some weed as well? Give some away to those who need it most, and sell the rest at a fair price to trusted friends/dispensaries. Not hard to do legally at a state level in many places.
>>
all the usda programs are for niggers and nigger women first. if you are a white male you are fucked. only niggers and politicians with fake farms get the subsidies
>>
>>3475292
>I worked at a corn farm for a couple summers during college. It was kind of shit but I could see the appeal.
This is why it seemed nice. You were still young and in college. It was actually just shit.
>>
File: 1503538305965.jpg (2MB, 2000x1482px) Image search: [Google]
1503538305965.jpg
2MB, 2000x1482px
>>3475420
I'm a veteran, is that any good?
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.