[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Small Business Owners, have you ever fired a customer?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: 1453164944382.gif (999KB, 500x241px) Image search: [Google]
1453164944382.gif
999KB, 500x241px
Ive ran this site for about 3 months and have had 10,000+ customers go in and out of it. Maybe had 100s of customer support tickets.

Today I'm just fucking seething in anger with this one customer. Our average customer value is something like $4 so I'm so tempted at just telling this person to fuck off.

They keep emailing in about trivial things and just lying.

>customers have to wait 4 days for some item
>they email in after 1 day claiming theyve waited 4 days

>they gave us wrong specifications for the item the wanted
>had to tell them to resubmit their request
>they get pissed off saying we screwed up their order and changed the data they typed in to make it incorrect (we 100% didnt do this)

>now they message in to check on the order
>they get our status update
>then they write back just critiquing our word usage stating that its unprofessional to talk to a customer with certain words such as "Hi"

Im literally so fucking angry at this person. Part of me thinks they have to be disabled and that no one can be this much of a cunt. They also happen to be a woman.

When do I just stop playing nice and tell them to fuck off?
>>
>>3464745
Take some time to chill. Don't respond to their requests for a week and see how it goes. If you lose them as a customer as a result, so be it, but don't lose your shit at them. Just my 0.02 sats
>>
>>3464745
When I deal with customers like this, I write a big fuck you email and then delete it. Gets the rage out and then also doesn't potentially fuck you up in some social media/viral shit.
>>
I always use "Greetings!" in my non-casual emails.

If he's going to treat you like he's shopping on ebay, either give him the full experience of using ebay or ignore him.
>>
>>3464745
Handle with care.

She sounds like she has a mouth and will spread shit about you if you fuck up getting rid of her.

If they have an order online, fulfil it. Do not take any more. Then close their account. Politely.

Make sure your T&C cover you before you do. Change the t&c first if you have to, send it out in an email, and pick you rmoment.
>>
>>3464745
Don't be nice, be professional to them.
Don't let them see any weakness, just be cold and critical. Also take your time in responding, they'll get bored eventually.
>>
Responding in anger could result in some bad publicity and losing more than one customer. Just phase them out, like any other dud.
>>
i have gotten angry at some of my ebay buyers once or twice, also women tend to be the most difficult to deal with.
>>
File: 3X1rb500.gif (485KB, 500x196px) Image search: [Google]
3X1rb500.gif
485KB, 500x196px
>>3464786
Thanks, I've just never been this angry before.

>>3464816
I wrote out a paragraph explaining how theyre the one making the mistakes but deleted it. I tried to word it knowing they might screenshot it somewhere.

>>3464823
I just googled her name and address and found her complaining about the attitude of people at a Salvation Army when she dropped off items so I guess this is just how she acts.

>>3464821
I might use this. She just got pissed off and was going on about how we're unprofessional because of our greeting line. She kept typing it back in all CAPS in her email response.

Fucking hell. Ive done customer service online for like a decade with small sites Ive ran but jesus I'm getting too old for this.

Also found out shes a boomer born in the 50s.

Thanks for the responses guys, I just really needed to get this out. Im going to go drink a "calming tea" and just expedite their order. I hate to reward people like this but each email takes time away from other customers and I know shes just going to send in more.
>>
>>3464786
>0.02 sats
Holy shit, you must be a very experienced expert for your advice to be that valuable.
>>
>>3464886
>boomer
Is there a creature more vile than a boomer ?
Aside from jews of course.
>>
>>3464786
>>3464891
1 sat is worth less than $0.01 USD
0.02 sats isn't even divisibly possible at the moment
>>
>>3464745
Never tell them to fuck off. Either change your strategy: customers that pay for cheap goods are cheap shitty customers.

Send it to them for free:

> Hi! I noticed that you were not happy with our previous reply. As a merchant of Lanyard Lizards I just want to make a bit of money and make my customers happy with the product. That's why we have a standard "30 days, not satisfied? Money back!" rule: If the customer is not happy, we are not happy and like to restore to a save point before we made our business transaction. So here is a free item. If you enjoy our products, please continue to be our valued customer!

Then write FUCK YOU YOU DEGENERATE OLD PSYCHO CUNT FOR GETTING JOY OUT OF BUGGERING SMALL BUSSINESS OWNERS CUSTOMER SERVICE YOU STUPID FILTH FUCK THATS WHY YOUR KIDS DONT VISIT YOU ANYMORE. FUCK YOU I HOPE YOU CHOKE ON THE ITEM.

and delete it, and press send.
>>
I've told a few to fuck right off. Some just leave, some leave bad review which most people don't even believe, other go on crusades against you only to have email chains released that makes me look completely justified. All publicity is good publicity anyway.
>>
>>3464964
I call this: Murder them with kindness. Sometimes it borders the line of cuckoldry, but that's how I justify dealing with shitty customers during my customer support days.
>>
I'm a contractor and I fire customers all the time.

Try to be cheap right off the bat?
Won't work with them.

Picky housewife?
Won't work with them.

Indian?
Won't work with them.

A fucked up situation that will only get more fucked if I get involved?
Won't work with them.

Dude I have a thriving business and occasionally you have to tell people to fuck off.
>>
>>3465016
Most people are used to big company customer support which is faceless and absolutely horrible.

Show that you are human and treat them like royalty and they will never know what hit them.

"Im relly sowry ma'am, im juz trying to be a good boi" but with a bit more sophistication.
>>
Ive fired so many customers and I just started my channel.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=daDxkG76zBU
>>
I have totally temp banned a customer before. They ended up respecting that and apologizing profusely to be unbanned. I see nothing wrong with it, just be professional about it.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.