[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

FORK?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: Moonero.png (20KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Moonero.png
20KB, 300x300px
Can someone explain the concept of a fork? Specifically the one that will be occurring for Monero.
>>
Fuck off chink we're not telling you how to use cutlery, you'll just ruin that too.
>>
File: 1504877345401.jpg (7KB, 316x202px) Image search: [Google]
1504877345401.jpg
7KB, 316x202px
>>3462849
AMEN brother, fukin chinks trying to take our jobs!
>>
Shutup fucking faggot
>>
KYS CHINAMAN
>>
>>3462838
It's the primitive term currently assigned to decentralized software updates.

Imagine running bone stock windows 7 in 2017 and ask yourself - are you gonna get hacked?

So basically it's a semi-consensual adjustment to the ruleset of software that is secured on distributed ledgers.
>>
>>3462838
Fork your mother if you want fork
>>
>>3462906
>m'coinz
>>
>>3462906
>Imagine running bone stock windows 7 in 2017 and ask yourself - are you gonna get hacked?
I ain't gotten hacked so far
>>
>>3462906
TY for the info anon.
>>
Roughly...
Say your friend came up with a particular way of using an excel sheet to write down his working hours.
A soft fork would be if you copy his technique and do something very similar to track your time.
A hard fork would be if you get a literal copy of his excel sheet and continue to use it.
A soft fork can eventually look quite different than the original. A hard fork usually only implements small but potentially crucial changes, and keeps all the old data.
People who do a blockchain soft fork basically "steal" ideas. People who do hard fork do it so that other people come over to their new system (which contains a copy of all old data too) and start using this.
With Monero, people already agreed to do the software updates that come with the hard fork and you'll not notice the transition.
With bitcoin and ethereum, we saw hardforks where some percentage of the userbase changed to the more edgy fork.
>>
>>3462951
Makes more sense now, thanks
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.