[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Investment Strats

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: btc-coins.jpg (83KB, 1000x628px) Image search: [Google]
btc-coins.jpg
83KB, 1000x628px
I'm about to inherit ~$350k (CAD)

My current plan is to keep 50k liquid, then invest the rest as follows:

>90k in GOOG shares
>90k in FB shares
>20k in misc shares

>50k in BTC
>50k in Ethereum

What think you /biz/?
>>
>buying FAANG at the top of the market
sounds like prudent investing, best of luck
>>
Put it all in ETH when it hits sub 200$
you will thank me at the end of the year
>>
>buying stocks right before a crash
Why not just burn your money instead?
>>
I think you don't know what liquid means. I also think you're a faggot.
>>
Don't invest in electronic tulips.

Keep the 50k liquid and invest 250k in this: https://seekingalpha.com/article/4056395-permanent-portfolio

Invest the remaning 50k in yourself, in order to actually get a good job. Don't be stupid.
>>
You might as well buy Bitbeans, what an awful awful portfolio
>>
>>3456968
>investing in cia fronts

ohhhh cringe
>>
>>3457006
t. boomer
>>
All 350k in doge
>>
>>3456968
Sounds like a shit plan. Crypto isn't an investment it's speculation, and your stock diversification is non-existent. Put 290k in an index fund and 10k in BTC.
>>
>>3457006
>advocating holding 25% of your portfolio in t-bills
sorry grandpa but 20 years ago when t-bills gave you a 10% coupon that might have been a legitimate strategy but now that the risk free rate of return is essentially zero that's literally burning money
>>
>>3456985
thanks

>>3456987
im confident in ETH, but not so confident to invest all in it

>>3456989
not sure exactly when I'd invest,
but of what crash do you speak of?

>>3456994
as in, I'll keep $50k in the bank

>>3457006
ok, but what specifically is wrong with my current strategy?

>>3457023
all 4 of these have consistently grown, what's awful about it?

>>3457029
yes, but will my current plan make money?

>>3457035
all investments are speculation
>>
>>3457038
It still is a legitimate strategy. Obviously you can't get as much as 20 years from now, but so what? It it still a nice rate of return, and certainly beats trading tulips.

>>3457057
You're putting way too much into the major technology stocks.
The 50k in BTC and ETH is just retarded. Don't get into crypto, ever.
>>
>>3456968
phenomanal investment if you want to risk losing all your money. Seriously just go to a financial advisor and put 300k if not more into an index fund spread or into property and then u can gamble your final 50k away with your share picking
>>
The part of the money that you won’t need for a few decades is best kept in ETFs, as they’ll have the most stable, highest returns over that timeframe. See, GOOG and FB can always go under because of one thing or another, or there can be new shooting starts. ETFs relieve you of the burden of having to keep track of this yourself and they’ll outperform your own calls with 95% certainty.

The amount of money, you’d like to gamble with, put into crypto.

The amount of money you’d like to tap in the next few years, put into shit like treasuries (or gold lol) where you’re at least keeping off the inflation more or less.
>>
>>3457206
Listen to this guy. ETFs are a good choice, specially if you don't know what you are doing (which seems to be the case).
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.