[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Idea to Make Society Wealthier: Less Taxes and Less Poverty

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: childs.gif (18KB, 911x623px) Image search: [Google]
childs.gif
18KB, 911x623px
Right now poor people breed more than rich people. The wealthier you are the less children you have because of the opportunity cost of raising the child. This is bad for the health of the gene pool because poor people are 97% likely to stay poor. With more poor there is more crime, more civil unrest, higher health costs and welfare costs and retirement costs.

I have an idea though - what if we can lower one of those costs that the tax payer has to pay and lower it in such a way that it incentives poor people to have less children?

Let's focus on retirement costs. Having society pay a pension to people is a huge tax burden, so if we can remove that then we are making serious financial gains for society. How much does it cost to retire? Well $1,000,000 should be more than enough for anyone.

So here's what policy we can implement: for each child born the parent(s) must deposit $5,000 in a special index fund. If the parents don't deposit it within 28 days of the baby being born then the government deposits it for them and gives them a bill of $5,000 with the interest rate pegged to inflation which they must pay off.

$5,000 is not a significant amount of money for the middle-class and nothing to the upper-class, so this amount wouldn't disincentive them from having more children. It's also affordable for the working class if they plan. On the other hand $5,000 is a lot for a poor person so they would stop breeding like rabbits (they would abort, for example).

Let's calculate the value of this index fund. The stock market has had an annual return of about 11.5% over the last twenty years. Subtract 0.5% for index fund fees and 3.0% for inflation (3% inflation is the target rate of most central banks in the world). That makes it an 8.0% return.

Doing the math, after 65 years (retirement age) that $5,000 would have turned into $905,844.93, thus ensuring that the kid's retirement is taken care of, while preventing the dregs of society from overbreeding.
>>
>>3453184
Nice bought a 100k
>>
>>3453184
You shouldn't be wasting your time shitposting, please run for the next election in your country. Yhe world needs this idea to happen
>>
>>3453184
You would have to make abortions free though,
And I'm still skeptical that $5,000 would not also deter the middle class (who are becoming increasingly poor) from having children
It would surely deter the poor, but overall I think it would just bring down the fertility of a country, since the cost of a child is more in opportunity cost (not sure though) and thus the rich don't really have them because they are soulless career driven sharks, lel.

Then as the fertility rate drops, meme politicians will bring in more immigrant workers, decreasing the amount of white people
>and therefore further bringing down the productivity of a nation, kekekekek
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.