[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

i have a bit of a dilemma im 29 but my dad is in bad health

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: 1497759252532.jpg (64KB, 500x625px) Image search: [Google]
1497759252532.jpg
64KB, 500x625px
i have a bit of a dilemma

im 29 but my dad is in bad health and i have no other family. he wants me to take over his finances, which consist of what he's saved as a farm manager, and what we sold when my mother and grandmother passed away, which totals ~1million. he's throw a good bit of it into investments and seems to pay a broker a pretty good fee. also the dividends generate around 1,000 a mo.

i havent gone to college and i have limited education, and im make about 49k a year although most of that goes into paying off my house and saving for my son.

im just looking for the best resources available to find out anything about investing, broker fees etc. i could afford to throw 10k into something to toy around first but id like some help.
>>
dont take any advice from biz. go to r/personalfinance. but yeah put 20% into bitcoin
>>
>>3452862

A lot of the information is out there and free, you just have to be willing to invest the time to learn it. Try Bogleheads, it's free advice.

Or you can pay somebody to manage your money, just make sure they're legitimate and you don't let them know off the bat how much you plan to invest with them.
>>
You make 49/k a year and you some how got a kawaii farm girl to stay with you and procreate with you? Literally, what the fuck am i doing wrong!

Ill teach only if you teach me how to pick up girls.

>Easy Mode
Put it all into some index fund and make 1-5% a year

>Medium Mode
Just google the best high dividend stock to own right now on google news like Verizon and General Motors and such. Ignore anything that is obscure ike a low market cap company. You want to try to catch a good company, something like Unilever or Boeing, during a dip, so you can catch a potential upswing and collect a bunch of dividends. 12 k a year off a million sounds pretty low, and I estimate you can make around 40 k

>Hard Mode (or easy how you look at it)
All in on ARK coin
>>
>>3452976
Another tip if you are only play with 10k, study the top gainers in stocks and look it up on the news to see why its going up. You dont want to buy immediately after, but usually, the stock has genuinely good news like a partnership. Its how FUEL went up 400% earlier this year.
>>
>>3452862
I know it won't sound popular here.. but look into something like vanguard. Some into crypto, and play it safe for your dad's sake.
>>
>>3452947
thx

>>3452976
well im pretty out of shape now, but i was lean and had decent looks. ive blown up about 70lbs. if they wont come and talk to you then its physical. if you cant hold them into a conversation then its your shit personality. just practice by walking yourself through conversations. its a learned skill just like anything else i suppose. i've gotta be on the spectrum but i faked it until i made it.
>>
File: 1504580567843.png (38KB, 399x349px) Image search: [Google]
1504580567843.png
38KB, 399x349px
>>3452862
Leave /biz/ and never come back. This is for your own good.
>>
>>3453108

i have vanguard in my 401k. veipx seemed like the only good option in there actually.
>>
/r/ personal finance is a decent bet but remember the stock market is at all time highs and the richest men on the planet are burning millions of dollars daily to keep cash on hand. Uncle Buffet burns 29 mil a day i think doing this.
Srs though go 20% in bitcoin and maybe eth and ltc on coinbase if you get that far
>>
stick with conservative investments like VOO (S&P 500 index tracker)
if you go into risky investments you're going to end up losing a lot of money due to inexperience.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.