[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Crypto and the law

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: money-laundering.jpg (2MB, 4311x3000px) Image search: [Google]
money-laundering.jpg
2MB, 4311x3000px
How useful is crypto for stuff like tax evasion, money laundering etc.?

If it is useful for that kind of thing, how much of it is already going on? What % of investment into the crypto sphere comes from those sources?

If it is useful for those purposes but potential users haven't caught on yet, does that mean it's likely that a lot of money will flow into crypto once they realise how well suited to it it is?

What does it mean for law abiding citizens using crypto for legitimate reasons?

To be honest, I'm mostly thinking of moneo as I type this, since it's the only one I'm aware of with a non-transparent ledger and all the right privacy features. But it's all open source shit, I'm sure there will be copycats and forks and new developments and whatnot given time.
>>
100% of it goes to drugs and prostitution and tax evasion very bad stuff
>>
File: monerodiscord.png (33KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
monerodiscord.png
33KB, 300x300px
>>3451490
interesting thread, will follow this, agreed it's probably monero.

and to be honest it'd probably be better if you asked this in the +2200 member bitpam /biz/ crypto trading/mining/coding discord server for a legit response

discord.gg/VpPrGmF
>>
>>3451505
Many such cases
>>
>>3451510
nonsense? I doubt you'd say literally noone has ever thought about using crypto as a vehicle for tax evasion.

E.g. Tell the authorities you invested money and sold at a loss, offset the capital loss on your capital gains.

You could do the reverse to clean money, by investing black money and claiming huge capital gains.

Or organisations paying for labour in crypto avoids all kinds of regulations and taxes. No different to paying in cash.

There are plenty of opportunities to use crypto for these kinds of purposes, and I'm absolutely not the first to think about it. Hell, a lot of it goes on in public. How many devs on these projects get paid in crypto?

What I'm wondering is the scale of it. How much of the market does it represent? How much could it represent? Questions worth asking, I would have thought.
>>
>>3451666
did you ask in the discord? they would answer
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.