[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I collect stock dividends?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

So if I ever finish my Ameritrade account or just download Robin and buy $20 worth of stock in the moth industry, how do I collect my dividends? Do I get a nickel in the mail at the end of each quarter or does value just get tacked on the shares for if I sold them?
>>
File: 1503336953214.gif (901KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1503336953214.gif
901KB, 500x281px
>>3449166
goes in the robinhood wallet
>>
>>3449328

And if they were just to my Ameritrade account they'd be transferred to the bank associated with it or do stock companies have wallets to?
>>
>>3449357
no idea google it dood "ameritrade dividends"
>>
>>3449357
when you open a brokerage account at a bank it will appear separately from your checking account just like a savings account would. Any dividends will be deposited in your brokerage account. Unless you're investing millions of dollars you will never interact with any company you're investing in directly. The brokerage handles everything. Any stock you buy actually entails having the broker purchase it on your behalf and they enter their own name in the registry for the stock as the owner. This is related to why being an 'accredited investor' is a thing.
>>
>>3449166
In the moth industry? what?
>>
File: m2.png (442KB, 1132x459px) Image search: [Google]
m2.png
442KB, 1132x459px
>>3449432

I dig it, I was worried it would just go into my checking and I'd spend it without realizing it and and not saving for more investments.

>>3449445

Well they're going to need a pretty big one for the new Godzilla movie in a few years that will have Mothra, King Geedorah, Kong, and the other monsters.
>>
>>3449458
there's usually a checkbox you can click to 'reinvest dividends' automatically rather than just getting the cash deposited in your brokerage account
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.