[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I think im gonna go to school for accounting. Never been good

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 1503955899029.jpg (1MB, 4201x3001px) Image search: [Google]
1503955899029.jpg
1MB, 4201x3001px
I think im gonna go to school for accounting. Never been good at math due to lack of interest but I love statistics. Am I crazy?

Talk me into or out of it /biz/
>>
>>3444106
People hate stats so if you love it youll be good for jobs
Math is just learned, study and do problems and you'll get better at it
>>
File: 1503955934849.jpg (162KB, 1280x852px) Image search: [Google]
1503955934849.jpg
162KB, 1280x852px
>>3444233
Thanks. I am a nerd about numbers in a stastical sense and I'm becoming very interested in taxation and government policy so I thought it would be a good practical choice for me.

The only problem is going to be finding the time for all these classes and finding a way to somehow pass Calculus or Matrix Algebra. Which is easier for someone who hates math?
>>
>>3444471
You are probably not going to have a problem understanding either, because you really sound like you have the curiosity, anon. If you need extra practice, the teachers are probably available for extra classes!
>>
>>3444106

Statistics is very mathy if you actually want to be able to say that you understand statistics.

t. Mathematician
>>
>>3444106
>>3444471
accounting has no maths or statistics. where the fuck do you go that requires you to take calculus?
>>
Go to actuarial school if you like statistics.

Actually any hard science involving quantitative analysis.

Accounting is mostly memorizing tax laws and filling out spreadsheets. Boring, pays like shit, and you'll get cucked if the people you work for see pulling shady shit.
>>
>>3444627
Yeah the thing about math was always lack of interest for me. I never envisioned going into math field so i never really put my best foot forward cause I didn't think I would ever need it in a career sense.

That changed when I took statistics after I figured out I needed another math credit to get my bachelor of arts. I didn't want to take another algebra class so they let me take statistics 100 and I surprisingly liked it. It was just a matter of remembering the terminology but I noticed it got a lot deeper and a lot harder below the surface.

>>3444673
All you do is work with math in accounting. As I understand it you do basic math every day but the rules are what makes accounting what it is. And as far as classes go, I guess it just depends where you're going.

I'm about to drop all my artsy fuckboi classes and get into the accounting prog at my uni and it looks like their only math requirements are College Algebra (which I've already passed) and either Business Calc or Matrixing Algebra

???
>>
>>3444789
>All you do is work with math in accounting.

No, all you do in accounting is arithmetic.
>>
>accounting major
>don't like math

pick one faggot
>>
>>3444789
i mean if you want to call basic arithmetic math then sure...
business calc sounds like watered down precalc so probs pick that if you want an easy time
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.