[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Peak Oil

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: 1483930152134.jpg (52KB, 418x482px) Image search: [Google]
1483930152134.jpg
52KB, 418x482px
I have warned about Peak Oil since the early 20s. I've been warning them, I've been sounding the alarm. Since the 1920s, I have been saying to people, "Knock it off with the oil thing, we're using too much oil. Stop it. Find an alternative. Peak Oil is just around the corner."
I initially said, "By 1927 we'll be out of oil, completely. Gone. Oh, there might be a little bit in Saudi Arabia, but we haven't even developed that yet."
That's what I said, at the time. Then, in about the 30s and 40s, when we'd already developed the Saudi fields by then, I said "Yeah, okay, yes, we can tap into that for a while but Peak Oil is still just around the corner. We're gonna run out. It's almost gone in America, and it'll run out in Saudi Arabia by, I'd say the late 50s."
Then the 60s came around and we still had plenty of oil, but I said, "Look, by 1970 or so, it's gonna be gone. It's going to dry up. That's why the prices are going up!", and the prices went up, and they skyrocketed. It used to be 40 cents a gallon EVERYWHERE in the 70s, and then all of a sudden it's 80, then 90 cents. Then, pretty soon, in the 90s, it became a dollar a gallon, and then it was two, then it was three, then it was four, and I kept ringing the bell, and ringing and ringing and ringing.

I was right, and now it's gone. It's completely gone. All the oil. Gone. No more crude oil. It's totally dried up. I TRIED to tell you, but you wouldn't listen. Nearly a hundred years of warning, I begged and I pleaded, "LISTEN TO ME! PEAK OIIIIIIIIIIIIIL!"
Peak Oil. I said it, over and over and over, nobody would listen, and NOW IT'S GONE. We don't have any anymore.
>>
>>3426803
Good I hate oil. Sell sell sell.
>>
>>3426812
THERE IS NO MORE OIL TO SELL
>>
>>3426803
there's a lot of oil, fracking works well. peakers btfo
>>
>>3427593
>>3427588
>>3426803
OF course there is still loads of oil. The problem is that we need an increasing extraction.

Once extraction rate goes down, and we don't an efficicient alternative = economy stops growing.

zero-growth/decreasing economy = collapsing finances.
>>
File: IMG_0008.png (570KB, 934x658px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0008.png
570KB, 934x658px
>>3426803
Can I short oil?
>>
>>3426803

Abiotic oil.
>>
>>3426803
The fuck are you even talking about?

And no, I'm not a
>lol, not crypto, boomers get out!
Idiot, but I'm literally not sure what the point of your thread is.
Are you trolling?
The first part kinda makes sense, and could lead to an intersting discussion of the oil industry (lol, as if that happens on /biz/ anymore), but your second part is just fucking …just…
>>
>>3427767
PEAK OIL
>>
>>3427702
this
>>
File: f.jpg (52KB, 940x529px) Image search: [Google]
f.jpg
52KB, 940x529px
>>3427646
>The problem is that we need an increasing extraction.
it's called fracking.
>>
>>3427787
Yeah, but why, though?
You wanna make fun of folks that used to/still believe in the concept?
You believe that peak oil is now?
You just want a discussion about "universal truths" and how they affect a market?
>>
What coin is this? What exchange is it on?
>>
Peak oil, or rather the increasing cost and availability of cheap fuel will probably be what triggers the mass starvation of over 2 billion Africans in the 2060s or so. With the population numbers down we can get by on what little oil we have.
>>
>>3427689
DRIP
gl anon
>>
>>3428210
Wtf i love peak oil now
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.