[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm a proud coiner. BUT: The bubble can't pop yet. Really?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: BitcoinBubble.jpg (3KB, 225x224px) Image search: [Google]
BitcoinBubble.jpg
3KB, 225x224px
I love crypto. I really do. The idea, the speculation. Especially trading. The rollercoaster, losing 5%, gaining 5% in a matter of hours. It's addicting. I've felt dead most of the time but being in an excellent (or shit) trade really makes you feel alive.

But ...

HOW is this not a bubble that can pop anytime? It's a real danger. I am well aware of this, but I'd still hate to be a no-coiner.

I think the above-stated argument is complete bullshit. I read it a lot, or similar arguments and justifications like these:

> Ask random people, how many people know bitcoin, and how many of those actually invested?
Yes, true, we are a very small minority still involved in this hub, even with the recent hype. Definitely less than 0.1% of the world population. By that definition, we are still early adopters, smart money. So enough room for growth still, right?

>When your average Joe, the janitor, your hairdresser etc get involved, it's time to get out as the bubble will likely pop (the famous Rockefeller / shoeboy story)
This has clearly not happened yet, but we have many people speculating / solely getting into it because of the expectation (or even supposed guarantee) of higher returns in a relatively short amount of time, and not the technology and its application, a clear indicator of a bubble.

(Cont.)
>>
>>3424526

(2/2)

> Gold has xxx trillion marketcap, Bitcoin only 0.2% of that.
I agree, Gold in itself is in a speculative bubble as well right now in my opinion, we can see the extreme price hike in the last decades, doesn't really correspond with the "real" value and applications. That's why I don't get gold bugs like Schiffer shitting on bitcoin, but worshipping Gold like a cuck. It's the speculative bubble for boring grandpas.
There might be some foundation to this argument of expected growth; but it assumes Bitcoin will adopt this role of digital gold, unmalleable safe haven of wealth. It's a big goal, I think could be achieved if everything goes well.

Many speculative bubbles popped where comparatively very few people actually got involved, take the dotcom bubble 1999-2001. The internet was still very small and used by a comparatively low percentage of population. Even in 2007 you would've been the most subscribed person on YouTube (founded 2-years before and already hugely popular) with just 300k subscribers. Now you need 60M. Probably even more, haven't checked. Almost 2bn people on facebook. The percentage of people using the internet was outrageously small in 2000, and even in this subset of the population that have ACTUALLY used it in 1999-2000, how many people actually owned tech stocks?
Maybe in the US it's much more common to own stocks and be involved in the stock exchange, atleast here in Europe it's a small minority in everyone who isn't wealthy to begin with.

Personally, I will hold, I will trade, and probably all will be fine atleast in the short-term, (I think the possible benefits greatly outweigh the risk right now - that's why I think being/remaining a no-coiner is hilariously stupid), but I wouldn't be massively surprised if the bubble pops any moment.

> What are your thoughts? Do you agree or not? Why/why not?
>>
>>3424526

bubbles pop because bad investments come home to roost.

Crypto becoming mainstream is not going to cause the bubble to pop, but to grow exponentially.
>>
>>3424555
>bad investments come home to roos

> nice trips

So what do you think about a possible bubble burst? When do you see it happen and if?

I said the benefits outweigh the risks right now but I wouldn't gamble away my life savings or leverage big like some do
>>
Crypto is too young. The fact is 95% of people still don't even know what the fuck it is. People greatly overestimate the amount of people in it. It hasn't popped yet. We are at the very beginning still.
"The illusion has become real. And the realer that the illusion becomes, the more people will want it." - Wall Street (1987)
>>
>>3424526
While I think the bubble on BTC can absolutely pop, I think there is undeniably money to be made from the blockchain - whether or not it's from any one coin currently in circulation.

I don't know enough about ETH (or even enough about the workings behind BTC desu) to say whether or not it's less risky than BTC. Apparently it's not even meant to be an alternative to money / BTC and it allows others to make coins easily on top of it. I assume ETH would would gain value if anything on the Ethereum blockchain becomes useful? That sounds pretty awesome and like a good way to bet on blockchain in general.

Can you expand a little on ETH? Can you talk about what trading is like, or whatever else you want to talk about?

I'm a no-coiner but I'm interested in starting to get in.

>>3425725
That doesn't negate the fact that any one coin is at risk. The fact that 95% of people don't understand the blockchain (and even less know enough to iterate with it) only drives that point home more.

Still better in than out though.

>>3424659
Consult your common sense before taking this advice but I think you should completely forget about price unless you're going to put more in.

Energy is probably better spent looking for innovative opportunities that aren't promising too much too soon. There is probably more to be made in applications yet to come. The biggest internet companies were all made well after the internet started.
>>
>>3426076
>>3424528

Basically I'm saying that before people made YouTube or Twitch money, no one (I think?) got rich from blogger. The benefit for being in early is that it gets you in on the ground floor with your ear to the ground.

By the way, it takes a lot less than 60M followers to live well off of YouTube lol. I think it takes less than 1M to make 60+ a year. Some people are combining YouTube, Twtitch and Patreon and doing great.
>>
>>3424526

If the bubble pops, you SHORT the market faggot, it doesn't matter which direction it goes, THERE IS A FUCK LOAD OF MONEY HERE AND THE SMART PEOPLE WILL TAKE IT.
>>
>>3424555
the thing that causes bubbles to pop is too much credit that needs to be recalled all at once.
usdt is inflationary but doesnt seem big enough to pop the bubble just cause a dip.
a usd fud might make btc holders cash out to usd to buy more tangible goods.
to pop a bubble you need to restrict credit or cash flow, how would that happen in bitcoin? a general ban? government seizure?
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.