[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there any reason at all to hold LTC?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

Is there any reason at all to hold LTC?
>>
>>3419933
for emergency buys and getting your coin to an exchange asap
>>
not for anything other than short term pump and dump speculation, no.

most of the coins are owned by a handful of people and the rest and sitting on exchanges. theres nothing in the future for litecoin that doesnt also involve bitcoin getting the same tech, and any second layer features on bitcoin renders litecoin even more obsolete as its only differentiating feature is meaningless. not to mention if, and it's a big if, litecoin's atomic swaps are ever implimented en mass, its just going to result in a large amount of litecoin being sold for bitcoin so it can actually be used (since litecoin isn't a coin merchants want to accept directly, or hold).

i consider a world where litecoin is outpacing bitcoin to be one where crypto is in a bubble, and a world where litecoin is dropping against bitcoin to be generally bullish for crypto as a whole.
>>
>>3419977
You, Sir, are an interesting guy. I'd love to know what you think of Bitcoin Cash, which McAfee loves, and Ethereum, which I think is in a bubble due to its status as an ICO machine.
>>
>>3420226
well, my bias is i'm overweight in ethereum, but

bitcoin cash i see as equivalent to ethereum classic, that is, it will serve a speculative and isolated purpose, in ethereum classic's case, its a coin for speculators to buy from miners, and is much more localized in china. with the 2x drama, i cant read exactly whats going to happen with it. if i was to bet aggressively i would say 2x isn't going to happen, and there will be a defection of a not-insignificant hash rate to bcash, at least in the short term, possibly as a bargaining move. this is the main reason why i have yet to sell any of my bch yet.

there are good arguments for ethereum being overvalued, but ICOs aren't really what its all about right now. the ICO can happen on any platform, they can even accept bitcoin but issue tokens exclusively on ethereum. i think the fact that ethereum has such a huge token market is very bullish for its longterm survival ICOs or not. in the future blockchains are going to have to consolidate, and i dont mean via some hack like ark, i mean like storj or xaurum which moved their tokens from their own chains onto ethereum. i think more and more projects coming into this space are realizing that they dont need to run an entire blockchain just to move around some tokens, and while there are some valid reasons to have your own stack ethereum is making significant moves to allow tight coupling with tokens on ethereum and logic on a sidechain.
>>
>>3420352
Thanks, man! I'm trying to learn more about the technical aspects of crypto. If there are any books, videos, blogs or forums you recommend, I'd appreciate it. Thanks again!
>>
High possibility of it hitting at least 100 in the next few weeks. Load up.
>>
>>3420509
never read any literature on it, most of the value comes from knowing when to bet on the people behind the projects rather than the ideas themselves. i only own very few different coins though, and i dont see a big reason to "diversify" right now. if you could even call it that.
>>
>>3420680
That's why the only ICOs I'll put some money in will be Chainlink and Blackmoon.

As for diversification, I'd rather just hold Bitcoin for the time being.
>>
>>3420671
found the shill
>>
send money quick across exchange not have to pay stupid btc fee or wait time.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.