[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone on here that uses a script to trade? Does it actually

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2

File: 1499556094780.jpg (206KB, 1029x1373px) Image search: [Google]
1499556094780.jpg
206KB, 1029x1373px
Anyone on here that uses a script to trade? Does it actually work or is it better to trade manually?
Also how hard is it to make a script, I have never programmed anything in my life. Do I need any scripting knowledge to be able to use them?
>>
>>3416199
What these "scripts" do, is just to automate your own thinking. If you can't trade manually the bot won't trade better.
>>
File: python-7be70baaac.png (8KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
python-7be70baaac.png
8KB, 512x512px
I wrote a Python bot the last 3 weeks. If you know the language and have the API, it's rather simple to get something that buys and sells. When to buy is mathematically tricky, i.e. detect dips. Selling is less crucial, you can just set it to "sell at 5%" or so.

That being said, you can't/won't use a bot to move around 1/4 of your investments, because investment decissions are determined more by news than by a 3 day chart.
So imagine you have 50% of your crypto in BTC and use 20% of that BTC to buy and sell LTC at the perfect dip and sell for 3% gain.
All those numbers are higher than what you'd really use. (If the market is more volative - like now - such a bot won't do much good, you want a slight uptrend to make sure stuff is sold in time and makes you capital free.)
But then you locked 10% of your capital, say for 1 day at least for LTC to go up 3%, and made only 0.3% plus. If you got 3k$ in crypto, that's not even 10$ for 10% of your capital lost.

tl;dr I made tens of k with buying NEO early but I made just a few dollars with the bot. Of course people write better bots - but I still think you need good capital to make for the electricity bills. It's fun, tho.
>>
I recommend "Systematic Trading" by Rob Carver.
I am building a similar system, and based on simulations, it looks like it works.
Profits are just as good as my manual trading. But if you do it systematically, you don't expose yourself to feels.
>>
>>3416481
The system works based on two principles:
* trading "rules" which predict the price - I simply do trend following
* volatility adjustment - if something is really volatile don't hold a lot of it
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.