[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some good stock trading platforms?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 061016browimage.jpg (87KB, 450x300px) Image search: [Google]
061016browimage.jpg
87KB, 450x300px
Dear /biz/

I am a student in Social Science, I have completed studies in Business along with being a manager for businesses such as Dominos and also being an Inventory manager.

I know I may come across as a bit of a loser but a long with this, it has not been an easy life.

I have currently been using plus 500 and from what I research it seems to come a cross with a lot of risk.

What are some good platforms that are a bit less dodgy? Also are there any good readings in regars to learning about stock?
>>
>>3412402
For day trading use RobinHood.
>>
>>3412402
Best book you can EVER read about investing is:

a random walk down wall street - burton malkiel

as for the application of what you learn, what country are you in? if USA, robinhood, if canada, questtrade
>>
>>3412402
If you're in the US, literally every US brokerage is better than Plus 500. Pretty sure that's an offshore brokerage. If they go insolvent, you lose everything.

Scottrade is basically a bare-bones brokerage. Literally nothing fancy. That's who I have and I want to switch. $7 in and $7 out.
If I decided to not be lazy I would move to Etrade. They're the cheapest. ~$5 last I checked. Interactive Brokers is the most sophisticated, they offer a shit ton of features. But you have to not care about fees, meaning have a lot of money.
>>
>>3412824
I am in Australia,

Also is plus 500 really bad or is it still ok to use?
I am a beginner obviously
>>
>>3412847
Would plus 500 be ok as a beginner?

What is the main problems that you hate about plus 500?

I am mainly trying to dig major reasons as to not use them in the future
>>
>>3413047
>Plus500 currently does not accept traders from your country (United States)
haven't been on their web site in a while. Looks like they gave up on facilitating US customers.

My main negative about them was that were reviews saying that people were having trouble withdrawing, this was like 2 years ago when they still allowed US people to trade. It being an "offshore" brokerage from my perspective makes it much less secure. US brokerages have to insure the cash balance of all customers up to like 500k.

Robinhood also has commission free trades, but they do something weird with the execution of the order. I'm not sure if plus500 routes it differently than a broker that charges commission. You might be fine with them, I don't know what your other options are
>>
>>3413197
Well I am not in the >US I am in Australia
Does this mean I am not affected or is the problem mainly due to not being affiliated with US traders?
>>
>>3413374
As far as I know, the only issues I was seeing was with US clients of theirs. &They are an AUS native brokerage. So you might be in good hands. I don't know much about AUS brokerages.

I read something about a reoccurring $10 inactivity fee, which sounds odd for a brokerage without commission. But if you're going to keep up the trades it probably won't matter
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.