[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bitcoin Legality?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: 1476878230207.jpg (7KB, 183x275px) Image search: [Google]
1476878230207.jpg
7KB, 183x275px
You think the price dipping a few hundred bucks is scary? Try 4 years in prison. How do we know any of this is safe or legal? You think a jury of old ladies and a judge who's never used a computer outside of his smartphone can adequately decide your fate? The government sees us all as a threat to the US economy. Bitcoin is a way to escape the shackles of debt and inflation, to escape the spying eyes of the corrupt government, to avoid taxes, fees, and banks in general. Do you really think those greedy bastards will stand around and let this happen?
>>
>>3408736
>Do you really think those greedy bastards will stand around and let this happen?
Yes. Yes we do.
>>
Yeah it's for sure an unregistered security.

Every person that's ever traded it is going to federal prison.
>>
shut up
>>
>>3408736
Things like the fact that they've had things like Senate of Banking, Trade and Commerce committee meetings discussing it years ago https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUNGFZDO8mM
>>
>>3408754
I'm ready to wake up one day and see that my bank account has been closed because I violated some bullshit law I never knew about; like suddenly buying coins through coinbase is illegal or some shit like that.

What can we do to prevent a disaster like this from happening? Do I buy gold? Keep my money in a safe at home instead of in a bank?
>>
>>3408754
Your federation sounds like shit.
>>
>>3408736

>Goverment imprisons 1000s of programmers who hold crypto, crippling the economy

The might seize your assets, but unless you're a scammer nobody's going to jail, dipshit
>>
>>3408736
tax evasion via cash or a bank account in some tax heaven is still easier and far more secure than bitcoin. the only people needing it for tax evasion are people that have no stable fiat and arent allowed to leave their country with cash.

so digital currencies arent really an issue for western authorities.

in most EU countries financial authorities have already stated that digital currencies are not considered currencies but as speculation objects and have to be taxed when cashed out and not before.
>>
>>3408865
I 100% agree man. It's fucking prison.
>>
there's nothing illegal about bitcoin, what are you talking about

if you participate in tax evasion, that's your own game to play, but the fact that you gotta report the trains on your gains is clear and so trading as such is legally without ambiguities
>>
Pink Floyd said it best, money is the root of all evil. We are ruled by money and bank fees. We are the 99% but we are too comfortable to fight back.
Capitalism at its best. Southwest hiked their prices up so people trying to leave Florida and go to safety had to pay out the ass, but Southwest donated a bunch of money to Texas. Southwest didn't lose anything in that donation and can write it off as a charitable tax deduction.
>>
>>3408736
I rather going to prison then paying a fucking penny as tax.
>>
>>3408736
don't forget the IRS is taking 40% of all profits
they're the only real winners in this game
>>
>>3408781
shill fast and shill hard.

if crypto gets big before the ban, then there can be no ban. bribe your officials ("campaign donations"), make it known that pro-bitcoin is a real voting block. go to town halls and ask candidates what they are doing to protect 21st century innovation & the american way by protecting crypto.

you get the jist
>>
>>3408736
>You think a jury of old ladies and a judge who's never used a computer outside of his smartphone can adequately decide your fate?
No. But On the other Hand, I'm not living in the US and this question hardly arises.
As long as I pay the taxes I'm fine.
>>
File: 1496529006730.png (1MB, 1111x621px) Image search: [Google]
1496529006730.png
1MB, 1111x621px
ULTRAGIGAFUD
>>
The concept of an accredited investor is made null with the internet. A certification rather than an income bracket should be the only qualifier.

Regulation is going to be a real shit situation for most of us otherwise. Are crypto people lobbying for this kind of thing at all?
>>
>>3409486
call it FUD, I just want some peace of mind that I'm not gonna get fucked over and lose everything because I'm trying to get ahead with crypto gains
>>
>>3408781
Don't use your bank to buy BTC. Easy.

I'm a paranoid, I don't verify with exchanges and keep many layers of separation between my usage of crypto and my identity. Banks especially sell you out
>>
>>3410336
If you're buying it irl the feds are already watching
>>
>>3410336
>Don't use your bank to buy BTC
how
>>
>>3408736
just pay your taxes, moron.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.