[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

[POLL] When did you get into crypto currency?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 9

File: Untd.jpg (29KB, 357x200px) Image search: [Google]
Untd.jpg
29KB, 357x200px
A. 1 - 4 weeks ago.
B. 1 - 6 months ago.
C. 6+ Months.

Needed for future bubble calculations.
>>
3 weeks ago
>>
File: drnfy23mkpkz (1).jpg (41KB, 759x422px) Image search: [Google]
drnfy23mkpkz (1).jpg
41KB, 759x422px
dream is over
>>
C
>>
just yesterday found old PC with wallet and 2452 bitcoin and try to find out what you can do with it. how many BTC is one bitcoin?
>>
>>3400614
Today
>>
File: 1494688067974.jpg (99KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
1494688067974.jpg
99KB, 640x1136px
C
>>
>>3400641
you can delete it, don't even waste your time.

1 bitcoin = 0,000000001 BTC, it's just trash....
>>
>>3400641
Or better, send me just for fun even 1000 bitcoin:

1GRMVFECiWjzgmV4jGgLXyHaRtamM6Y8z2
>>
>>3400708
bait harder fag
>>
from the 4 replys so far, its hard to tell if we are in a bubble or not.. i need more data
>>
>>3400641
cash out and never come to this shit website ever again
>>
File: sad peepee.gif (1MB, 500x558px) Image search: [Google]
sad peepee.gif
1MB, 500x558px
A, i've been raped by dips so i've only broke even twice and it JUST KEEPS FUCKING FALLING
>>
D.
just today
in fact, i bought my first baggage 5 hours ago.
>>
>>3400614
C. in 2010
>>
Was looking to buy at bitcoin at 10 dollars... I don't want to talk about it.

Made some decent money off doge for a while but was never serious about it. Only started throwing serious money at it within the last few years.
>>
File: legacy.png (3KB, 275x59px) Image search: [Google]
legacy.png
3KB, 275x59px
legacy account on trex or gtfo
>>
2013 or so
>>
>>3400807
What is this??
>>
I got in two weeks ago and these last two weekends have been a wild fuckin ride. Does it get more exciting than this when shit goes up?
>>
5 years ago. My bitcoins were seized, I didn't care because it was only $250 (21 bitcoin at the time)
>>
File: 1504216462463.png (59KB, 1127x686px) Image search: [Google]
1504216462463.png
59KB, 1127x686px
>>3400614

less than a month, where I'm serious about it.

but i dabbled in it in 2013
>>
Literally today just made my first youtube video as well check it and make sure to comment and subscribe new videos erday!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZl4U8pxPw8&t=1s
>>
>>3400902
bretty good lol
>>
balls deep for only one year
>>
B.
5 months ago
>>
Today.
>>
>>3400902
r/punchablevoices
>>
>>3400614
S. Tried a few months ago but coinbase couldn't verify my identity. Currently waiting for verification on Kraken.
>>
One week ago. Not wanting a lambo or a mansion. Just a lil something something. A lil extra Christmas money. A used car. Realistic expectations.
>>
2011. I originally purchased Bitcoin when it was $4.
>>
>>3400614
B, mid of May more precisely
>>
>>3400641
What are you doing here anon? Should be fucking a Kardashian right about now.
>>
>>3400614
This is probably not going to net you very usable data.
>>
>>3401010
Hell yea thats the first nice thing anyone has ever said about me thank you.
>>3401043
I think thats good for youtube right?
>>
File: brbbk.jpg (22KB, 620x572px) Image search: [Google]
brbbk.jpg
22KB, 620x572px
>>3400641

Send a couple for fun; Just copy and paste the address below.

1NinN7hXJxZomYYjPp1WhXeWMpm2nZRdrt
>>
File: 1489781499380.jpg (37KB, 400x386px) Image search: [Google]
1489781499380.jpg
37KB, 400x386px
>>3400614
Since dinosaurs roamed the Earth.
>>
2 weeks into trading...known about crypto since 2010
>>
E for erection which I get everytime I check my blockfolio
>>
>>3400614
B
June
>>
File: cupcakes ptsd.webm (324KB, 330x320px) Image search: [Google]
cupcakes ptsd.webm
324KB, 330x320px
>>3400614
>furthest back option is "6+ months"
I got into it late 2010! So many newfags around here.
I was mining. Sold off most of it while it in 2012 when it was like was ~$5... you can't understand. In 2011, it rose to $31, and crashed hard and MtGox came with it. Hope for the future was a stillborn dream.

/biz/ jokes about people killing themselves when we have 10% drops. I've lived through multiple 80%+ drops. I think /biz/ would fucking break if another of those happen.
>>
>>3401455
what was the point of mining btc back then, if you were just going to sell them for around $5-$30...was it that easy, and did you have such a short-term projection on its value?

compared to your comments, the current price of various big cryptos must sound ridiculous and overvalued.

i understand that fiat currencies are rapidly depreciating, but this rate from $1 btc to $5000 btc looks extreme. thus the pullback we are seeing now.
>>
>>3401136
sent ;)
>>
the fact that 10% drop is seen as a catastrophe is related to the fact that it is becoming an actual currency
beg for a future where BTC is so stable that trading as we currently know it doesn't make any sense anymore
>>
>>3401455

Yeah everyone laments not being a bitcoin millionaire today, but only a handful of people would have kept up with it through all those years and held. I was originally looking into Bitcoin while it was $40 a coin, but I know damn well I would have dumped it long ago.

It was a bumpy ride all the way until this year and unless you went into a coma after buying in it's unlikely you would have held all of them.
>>
bought my first bitcoins in early 2016

they were trading around $350-400 per
>>
A colleague at uni told me about BTC back in 2013. Went and read the Wiki page thinking "oh, OK". Sort of regret it not buying any.
>>
Before Atlantis fell, srs. Bitcoin was already created by the Atlanteans and we finally had the technology to tap into the network in 07 when Satoshi Nakamoto figured out how to.
>>
>>3401480
>what was the point of mining btc back then, if you were just going to sell them for around $5-$30
I'm not sure what the question is here. It was free money that I could print with a computer! Of course I'm taking that option.
>did you have such a short-term projection on its value?
This was mostly in the time after it went from $1 all-time high to $31 in a few months and then crashed back to above $1. That rise was looked at as some kind of fluke, coming from over-enthusiastic inflated demand after a long string of media attention. People accepted a bit over $1 as a natural price for bitcoin. It was already amazing enough that you could buy stuff for magic internet money that you printed with a computer! Back then, only a minority of attention on Bitcoin was dedicated to eagerly watching its price and expecting it to rise further. There was a much higher amount of discussion of the tech.

>>3401523
I hope for that case, but I don't think Bitcoin is near being out of the woods yet.

Well ideally I hope for it first to rocket a lot more to put more money in my pocket, but idealistically I'd like it to become more stable such that more of the world could use it for non-speculative purposes.
>>
>>3401480
>what was the point of mining btc back then
people did it for a hobby or the potential of having a return on your idle computer power or for weed money. People would laugh at you if you were to go back in time and tell them about the price and media coverage now. Who would pay thousands of dollars for a single bitcoin? "Digital Gold" is a recent media creation. The idea of people getting emotional over amounts like that was the subject of optimistic jokes about the future the way we make greentexts about an-cap "utopias". The price growth has also been aided by increases in liquidity and global awareness of Bitcoin as being the face of all cryptocurrency and for most people, the only one they have ever heard of. I was just a spectator back then because I was too short sighted to think it would actually catch on worldwide.
>>
I tried to buy £100 worth of bitcoin when it was £1.5 per coin and was still shilled on /g/ but the id process was annoying and I didn't bother.
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.