[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is It Better to Rent or Buy?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: mrd.jpg (155KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
mrd.jpg
155KB, 1280x720px
>The choice between buying a home and renting one is among the biggest financial decisions that many adults make. But the costs of buying are more varied and complicated than for renting, making it hard to tell which is a better deal. To help you answer this question, our calculator takes the most important costs associated with buying a house and computes the equivalent monthly rent.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2014/upshot/buy-rent-calculator.html

Thoughts?
>>
>>3400016
If you plan on living in the same place for over 3 years, you should buy. If you plan on moving around to try and get better jobs, live in an apartment.
>>
Depends on your situation
>>
pretty sure houses are overvalued right now so you'd be buying at a high

I'll wait for 5 years or so to buy a house
>>
>>3400016
Calculator seems fine. It's all depends on Rent:Property value ratio, Mortage Payment:Rent ratio, how long you will live there (though if rent is high, you can just buy and rent out if you decide to move). Buying is an investment and the costs need to be calculated carefully.
>>
>>3400061
>pretty sure houses are overvalued right now so you'd be buying at a high
While I agree with you to some degree, it depends just how much over valued they are.

if you plan on living their long enough, and can weather any financial storms eventually the prices will climb back up.
Obviously if you buy at a peak and have to sell in 5 years time you might still end up with a loss.

GTA prices are fucking out of this world, it is cheaper to just rent in most circumstances.
I feel like many people buying homes are just speculators trying to cash in in rising home prices and nothing else.

I did some digging around and found a home that was built earlier this year, listed from the builder for 330K, meanwhile the person who bought it has it listed for 480K
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.