[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alt coins

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 14721945452940[1].jpg (32KB, 454x453px) Image search: [Google]
14721945452940[1].jpg
32KB, 454x453px
Explain to me how alt coins can be a thing? I understand that in the future BTC could become a global currency. How do alt coins fit into this?
>>
BTC is a prototype. Will likely fade away with time as better competitors emerge. One of the shitcoins can be that next big thing.
>>
>>3390752
This. All these altcoins are just pawns in the far reaching game of natural selection. Only a handful will surging and all of the trading going on right now is just the market deciding which coins will survive
>>
>>3390737

Bitcoin has a lot of technical unsolved issues that will be a problem in the future.
There are alt coins that do what Bitcoin does much MUCH better. Bitcoin has the benefit of being there from the beginning and having gained user trust.
Alt coins will have to establish themselves first but once their superiority is realized they have the potential to replace Bitcoin.
>>
>>3390752
>>3390805
So what you are saying is that when you buy an alt coin you are gambling that not only BTC will fail, but that individual alt coin will be the new singular global currency
>>
>>3390780

The problem is that shitcoins all have offbrand names, like Litecoin or Ripple. Only Ethereum sounds in any way decent, and even that is pretty memey.
>>
>>3390842

I don't think people will agree on a single global currency quickly.
Bitcoin is obviously gonna be the normie coin for a long time, but tech companies and bankers and tech savvy people will stick to better coins. Different countries will use different coins simply by virtue of having originates there and gaining more users there more quickly.

I don't think there will be an "ultimate coin" too soon. Might even be that multiple coins will establish themselves as global currency.
Bitcoin has a problem of extremely high transaction fees and long transaction times. But it also has the benefit of relative price stability.

My guess is people in the future will use Bitcoin as sort of storage for their money they don't want to spend, similar to gold and alt coins, depending which ones establish for paying and transactions.
Litecoin is probably gonna be big, because it's basically Bitcoin (something a lot of people understand) but it's cheaper and faster.
>>
Explain to me how alt coins can be a thing? I understand that in the future Monero could become a global currency. How do alt coins fit into this?
>>
>>3390886
BTC is already the ultimate coin and always has been.
What do you mean "high transaction fees"? Who gets the fees? The only transaction fees I've seen are on sites like poloniex and coinbase and those fees are made up by the site and completely independent of the coins "technology"
>>
>>3390737

BTC will eventually die because the only thing going for it is its popularity.

>Explain to me how alt coins can be a thing?
Alts are every coin/token beside BTC. Yes, there are direct BTC-competitors like LTC, XMR or DASH but we also have projects like ETH, SAN or GNT which aren't classic crypto-"currencies".
>>
>>3390950
Don't listen to these idiots. Sure, a few alts do have the potential to fill a niche, but BTC is and always will be the king of crypto. And what many of these newfags don't realize is that while BTC does have some technological hurdles to overcome before it can be adopted as global currency, those problems will be solved in time. It just won't happen overnight. These other shitcoins still don't stand a chance though.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.