[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

EtherDelta...missing.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 9

Anyone else concerned?
>>
Well, fuck, I guess this is why we don't leave coins on exchanges.

This is me:
>>3387561

There goes my $2-6k of TNT, 0x, and CAt or however much that shit was worth at this point.
>>
>>3387158
nope, i transfer coins to my wallet after im done trading
>>
>>3387158
Jesus fucking CHRIST what happened this board being able to do simple ass research?

https://twitter.com/etherdelta/status/905967875084754944
>>
File: 1501396189730.png (442KB, 808x805px) Image search: [Google]
1501396189730.png
442KB, 808x805px
AHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
>>3387922
Same here, I wasn't sure how it worked if you could leave them in the ED smart contract, so I just fucking w/d after every session.

If you leave coins on ED get fucked you dumb nigger.

Also luckily all you lazy bastards are going to be fine
>>3387955
>>
Everything on Etherdelta is held in a smart contract on the blockchain. You can withdraw from it even while the site is down by using Mist or MyEtherWallet if you import the contract ABI and call methods on it directly. I can post more specific instructions in a few minutes.
>>
Official telegram: Etherdelta smart contract was hacked
all deposits were cashed out by the hacker
>>
>>
idiots, github pages is down.
>>
File: download.jpg (9KB, 220x229px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
9KB, 220x229px
decentralized exchange is a joke
>>
>>3388161
I'm going to be soo fucking mad if that's the case. Not because I lost money, but because I just got into solidity and I've been looking for vulnerable contracts and I was just planning on taking a look at Etherdelta's contract.

Buuuut it looks like it's not hacked. It still has shit tons of funds in it: https://etherscan.io/address/0x8d12a197cb00d4747a1fe03395095ce2a5cc6819
>>
File: d6bb553ce5316f60005daf98b1984c5f.jpg (390KB, 2048x1024px) Image search: [Google]
d6bb553ce5316f60005daf98b1984c5f.jpg
390KB, 2048x1024px
>Multiple sites hosted on github pages seems to be down, so github is having some issues.
>Nothing with EtherDelta itself.
>EDIT Official tweet stating the same.
>EDIT2 If you really want to withdraw when the site isn't working, interact with the contract directly

https://www.reddit.com/r/EtherDelta/comments/6yrpb3/etherdelta_gone/dmpmuw4/
>>
>>3388199
you are looking at the old one
>>
Apparently github is down.
Fuck, see? This is why we need a decentralized web along with a decentralized exchange. IPFS NOW.
>>
File: etherdelta.jpg (49KB, 1186x280px) Image search: [Google]
etherdelta.jpg
49KB, 1186x280px
>>3387158
https://etherscan.io/address/0x8d12a197cb00d4747a1fe03395095ce2a5cc6819

Am I reading this correctly? $5 billion?
>>
>>3388279
It's an exchange. It's their job to buy up large bags of coins. How else do you think you're able to withdraw funds from the exchange?
>>
Here's how you can get your money out of EtherDelta:

This is the contract for EtherDelta:
https://etherscan.io/address/0x8d12a197cb00d4747a1fe03395095ce2a5cc6819

In Mist or MyEtherWallet, go to the "Contracts" tab. (In Mist, then click "Watch contract".) For Contract Address, put EtherDelta's address from above.

On the Etherscan page, go to the "Contract Source" tab, and scroll down to "Contract ABI". There's a big block of text like this:
[{"constant":false,"inputs":[{"name":"tokenGet","type":"address"}

Copy the whole thing and put it into MyEtherWallet/Mist's "JSON Interface" field. This just lets your wallet know the names of methods on the contract.

Hit ok. (In Mist, now click on the contract. Scroll a bit down and find the "Read from Contract" and "Write to Contract" sections.) You can now interact with EtherDelta directly without needing a site. It's extremely difficult to put up new orders this way, but you can check your balance or withdraw from this.

To check your Ether or token balance, go to the "balance of" function. Put the token address in the first field (for ether, just put 0), and your address in the second. (The value is always in the raw units, Wei for Ether. You can use https://converter.murkin.me/ to show a Wei value in regular Ether units.)

To withdraw, use the "withdraw token" function. Put 0 for the token address for Ether.
>>
>>3388246
Maidsafe my dude
>>
>>3388382
but honestly, this is all only necessary if you need your money *now*, or if EtherDelta doesn't come back up. The contract is solid, and all of the funds are still there. No one is stealing it right now.
>>
>>3387158
JESUS FUCKING CHRIST YOU PEOPLE ARE SO FUCKING RETARD. NO, NOBODY THAT ISN'T RETARDED IS CONCERNED. YOU CAN STILL ACCESS AND USE YOUR COINS IN ETHERDELTA IF THE SITE IS DOWN. THE SITE HAS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO FUCKING DO WITH ANYTHING, IT JUST MAKES IT EASIER.

JUST STOP TRADING CRYPTO PLEASE PEOPLE YOU ARE SO FUCKING STUPID
>>
>https://status.github.com/

Github Pages is not in fact down. EtherDelta is misrepresenting the situation.

Get.the.fuck.out.
>>
>>3388402
Adding on a little bit: with EtherDelta, there is no admin that can steal people's funds. There is an admin address, but all they can do is set the fees for trades. The admin can't change the contract's code at all.
>>
>>3388402
no one can steal it, ever, it's a decentralized exchange. that's literally the whole purpose of it. as far as i understand the admins are losing money for every minute the website is down because of transaction fees, which is their only profit
>>
>>3388457
oop there you go anon. my bad didn't see that before i commented
>>
File: eth.png (30KB, 804x440px) Image search: [Google]
eth.png
30KB, 804x440px
>>3388450
Kiss your tokens goodbye. :^)
>>
Heh, looking at EtherDelta's etherscan page, there's actually still a bunch of activity going on. I'd guess either it still works for people who still had it open in a tab, or people are hosting their own copies of the front-end.

>>3388450
Maybe EtherDelta's github account specifically got suspended.
Their account seems to be missing from github so it seems somewhat likely:
https://github.com/EtherDelta

I wonder, does github blacklist previously used names? There's a perfect opportunity for someone else to make an account named "EtherDelta" and claim EtherDelta's old url if github doesn't.

I'd expect them to have the site up on a new URL and server soon though in that case.
>>
>>3387158
The website is just the frontend. The backend, which is the smart contract runs in ETH network, is still working. Only retards would worry about this.
>>
So please learn at least some basic knowledge in CompSci/Informatics before spreading FUDs
>>
>>3387955
oh thanks
>>
File: durrrrr.jpg (84KB, 492x559px) Image search: [Google]
durrrrr.jpg
84KB, 492x559px
or just go to etherdelta.com

kids these days...
>>
File: 1504748654462.png (1000KB, 1256x1320px) Image search: [Google]
1504748654462.png
1000KB, 1256x1320px
>>3388499

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
>>
>>3388000
Trips of truth confirm. Don't be stupid and leave ANY coins on ANY exchange
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.