[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

welcome to the early retirement club

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: DGxcVjWsAE9Bb5.jpg (50KB, 1080x590px) Image search: [Google]
DGxcVjWsAE9Bb5.jpg
50KB, 1080x590px
welcome to the early retirement club
>>
>>3381688
>bancor
hahaha hahaha hahahahaha
>>
bancore?
>>
How will u retire with kyber? You need like 100 approved accounts, to make any srs gains...1 account = 2-3 ETH - lul
>>
Bagholder general?
>>
reminder that bancor tokens will be massively inflated when necessary to provide liquidity, and theyr value does not scale with usage of "smart tokens".

never invest in tokens that are simply funding mechanisms like bancor unless you're just going to flip that shit the first week out on the market.
>>
>>3381728
>theyr value does not scale with usage of "smart tokens"
Explain
>>
Nobancs btfo
>>
File: .jpg (31KB, 448x305px) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
31KB, 448x305px
Thanks Korea.
>>
>>3381829
they will print more tokens as necessary for liquidity purposes, fundamentally the token itself doesnt need to exist, they could use ether if they wanted, but they needed a way to fund their business so they created their own token for nothing and sold it for 0.01 eth each.

its built into the system because if it wasnt nobody would have bought it to fund them, but long term as the system grows and expands more and more bancor is going to get printed as each new system that uses it launches (if it launches).

its really nothing more than an accounting mechanism and its not a scarce token, or representative of a share or ownership of anything, its just the internal connection between two random tokens.
>>
>>3381904
>but long term as the system grows and expands more and more bancor is going to get printed as each new system that uses it launches (if it launches).
You say increasing the supply won't increase the value but that's what their smart token does. Buying BNT through the contract the eth price goes up right?
>>
>>3381985
thats if you buy it through their token, i'm talking about them just generating more, which costs them nothing, and just gives the address they want X free bancor. they can even do the reverse, and take bancor away from any address, its all built into the contract.

the point is bancor is simply not designed to be something to invest in, there were no investors, only contributors.

that said short term trades are still on the table for bancor, but i would still avoid it myself.
>>
Obviously this doesn't stop people selling, but if people hold and projects buy bancor reserves then it's value in eth will increase. Scarcity only comes from bancor being locked in tokens or changers.

I'm sure you don't even have to use bnt to exchange, you can just use eth with any token/changer.
>>
>>3382058
>i'm talking about them just generating more, which costs them nothing, and just gives the address they want X free bancor.
Project destroying actions right there. I don't think they would do that but who knows. No indication of this so far.
>>
>>3382087
but it wouldnt destroy the project, thats the point. its all in the whitepaper. the tokens value can be anything at all, as long as there are enough tokens available to make the trades.

the bancor team already has their money, so it makes no difference to them if bnt drops 90%, and it doesnt make any difference to the end users who swap from ethereum to a token, or from dollars to a token, because the price of bnt is inconsequential. its just a stepping stone.

its a lot easier to avoid all tokens that have a mathematically perdictable or fixed issuance, and are intrinsically required to grow in value as the value of the network itself grows. tokens acting as a store of value, for example.
>>
>>3382137
avoid all tokens except those which**
>>
>>3382137
There's nothing in the whitepaper about them creating new tokens from anything but the smart token. It's not something anyone is expecting outside of a DAO scenario.
>>
Lose the Bancor.
Add either Ethereum or OmiseGo (or both) and you're all set.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.