[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do i mine?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: xx.jpg (16KB, 537x284px) Image search: [Google]
xx.jpg
16KB, 537x284px
so I've got a pretty nice computer. GTX 1080 + i7 3.6 w/ 8 cores. I keep hearing these stories like "oh i did some minig with my computer and it was sweet" but here i am putting out .05 hash for hours and not getting anything.

Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong? Currently trying to mine xvg with scrypt using cpu-miner- opt and aika pool
>>
>>3377866
try nicehash miner
>>
>>3377866
cpu doesnt mine shit you have to mine with your gpu and iirc if u have 1080 and not the TI version GG this one sucks for mining
>>
>>3377901
Dont worry, I'll let you have a 5 minute ride in my Lambo when OMG moons and you're left crying in the dirt
>>
>>3377866
use your cpu to mine monero, expect a payout in a couple of months and set whatever miner to use 75% of your cores so the machine is still usable
use whattomine.com to work out what to mine with your 1080
>>
You are going to burn out your card, mining is a meme.
>>
>>3377924
why monero? is there something like moneroe can't be gpu mined?
>>
>>3377995
it can be, but its just pretty profitable to mine it with cpu still
>>
You only get your uncomfirmed proportional reward after the pool finds a block, which can be intermittent.

Then after another or so blocks are found does your proportional reward become confirmed.

Your 1080 is irrelevant to cpu mining.

Monero is pretty profitablw to cpu mine, 1/4 the hashrate of most gpus.

VRM is asic and gpu resistant if you want a cpu only coin.

You set up your .bat to only mine with the 4 real cores and not the other 4 virtual ones.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.