[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Monero

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: monero2safe.jpg (252KB, 786x1046px) Image search: [Google]
monero2safe.jpg
252KB, 786x1046px
What's the point of having a coin based on privacy if you need to use exchanges to buy it? They can just turn over all your trading info to your government anyway.

I'm aware decentralized exchanges exist, and you can do the localbitcoin style thing where you use cash, but volume and supply with any of those methods is ridiculously low.

The tech is obviously amazing, but I'm really disappointed how difficult it is to utilize the privacy in the first place. Would be great if more could be done about making it easier to get your hands on monero without telling the world you're doing so.
>>
>>3377444
this website was recently created:
https://localmonero.co/
>>
>>3377444
wallet-less, decentralized exchanges in 2018
>>
Even if they know that you obtained Moneroj, nobody will ever know what you have done with said Moneroj.
>>
>>3377444
Nice dub dub trips.

-Buy moneroj on exchange
-send moneroj to (your own full node!) Wallet
-send the money to other (own full node!) Wallets with a high ringCT
-spend anonymously

No one will know where the monero that you bought went
>>
>>3377511
>>3377542
I get that guys, I really do, but the exchanges, and by extension any government they're cooperating with knows you've been buying monero. Considering how useful monero is for the kinds of activities governments don't approve of, whether that's tax evasion or drugs or whatever, it's really not something I want anyone to know. The mere act of anyone knowing you're trading monero is a smoking gun that you've got something to hide in a world where it's private and everything else is mostly wholly transparent.
>>
There's no reason to buy one of these private currencies except to commit crime. Monero will be the first banned crypto.
>>
>>3377630
That's why people need to use things like monero out of principle.
The same accounts for Tor / VPNs etc.
I sometimes surf the web via Tor just to make my little bit of a statement against government surveillance
>>
>>3377630
>The mere act of anyone knowing you're trading monero is a smoking gun that you've got something to hide in a world where it's private and everything else is mostly wholly transparent.

This "privacy = child molester druglord" argument has been responded to a million times already.
>>
>>3377768
I'm not the one that needs convincing, it's my goverments.
>>
>>3377723
That will be the reasoning governments will tell the public when they ban it. And the public will eat the
>muh terrorism funding
Bullshit.

There are literally 1000 other reasons why people prefer keeping their finance private.
>>
Just wanted to say that the way you come across in this thread is refreshing. The issues in which you raised and are concerned about are all being worked on right now. The development team will bring forward solutions in the near future but it will take time because it needs to be done right the first time - unlike ETH.
>>
Cash has a property called fungibility. XMR is literally the only cryptocurrency that also has that property. I don’t have to tell you how much cash I have in my pocket or safe or whatever, and it doesn’t matter where it came from when I use it. The Government could see that I got a paycheck for x amount of dollars, but after that I can use only cash and they know fuck all.
>>
>>3377774
That argument is not the actual reason government's don't like privacy. They just want absolute control and knowledge of everyone because it gives them more power. Child abuse/terrorism/drugs is merely an excuse to present to the plebs.
>>
>>3377840
This guy gets it.
>>
>>3377817
I hope so man, lowering barriers to entry to methods of being able to use monero securely seems to me to be really important.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.