[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Unexplainable (psychic?) coincidences in my stock trading

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: images.jpg (39KB, 443x332px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
39KB, 443x332px
>cliffs: When I sell a highly illiquid stock, it goes up 20-200% within hours/days after no price movements for months. In the past I put it down to bad luck, it is beyond that now after this week.

I have been trading/investing for 1.5 years. I buy penny stocks and shell companies (market cap 2-15m) that I believe have fundamental news coming and hold for 5-20 weeks on average. I make a handful of trades a month. I sell when the news is announced, or if I lose patience I move onto the next after considering the technical signals. The stocks I buy are mostly very low volume, often several weeks go by with no trades which makes my experiences more incredible. I'm not some deadshit who thinks he's special and doesn't believe in coincidences or Occam's Razor. My first year was littered with rotten luck such as selling a 4 month hold to fund my next buy and two days later the company acquires a gold mine and the price 4 bags within a two weeks.

I have sold 3 stocks in the last week. Individually assessed, the outcomes are terrible bad luck, but I can't wrap my brain around it happening consecutively, and consistently throughout my trading career. If you can't appreciate the unfathomable odds for this happening then you must be very unfamiliar with penny stocks

Stockl 1 - Monday
>buy stock late July at 3.2 cents.
>mid august, price finally moves to 3.6 and flat lines for weeks, take some profits, next day moves to 4.1c (literally next day)
>ffwd to Tuesday morning, price is still 4.1c and looks weak technically so I sell my entire position. Two hours later there's a huge buy, now 4.5c
>put buy order at 4.3c, cancel last minute. It would have been hit at close.
>news release next day, hits 5.4c (price sensitive news releases like this occur a few times a year)
Very very unlucky, although nothing out of the ordinary for me.

continued
>>
symptoms of schinzophrenia
>>
ok, what are your crypto plans for the future?
>>
>>3376968

"If you want to trade the market, get an astrologer."

-Walt Whitman
>>
Stock 2 - Tuesday
>buy mid August, 3.9c
>nervous as fuck, stock already went up 100% in July
>several weeks of fluctuating between 3.5-3.9c,
>lose my nerve and anticipating a large retrace, sell Friday last week,
>completely unexpected news release Tuesday, now touched 4.9c yesterday

Now for today, the most fucked up thing you will read this month
Stock 3 - Wednesday
>buy stock February this year on basis of a shell company looking for acquisition this quarter (1.5m market cap)
>Q1 ends, next to no volume, no news, company now says its imminent
>Q2 ends, no news, again fuck all volume, stock totally fucking dead, everyone waiting for news
>ffwd to yesterday, I want to fund some ICO's coming up and nervous about the imminent stock market crash
>sell knowing it will rocket the next day
>sure enough, ffwd to today, someone makes a massive $100k buy on open, price is up 33%. Another $100k buy a few hours later. Highest volume day for 3 years.

After waiting 240 days of virtually no volume and a completely stagnant share price, the DAY after I sell there is half a million dollars worth of trades. Obviously it is clear insider trading, and news must be within days, but this is irrelevant. Do you understand how fucking incredible this coincidence is? I can't fathom the p-value of this happening, let alone all these events happening consecutively.

Thanks for reading, this was more cathartic than screaming into my pillow and punching walls. I have lost so much potential money, I go several months without having gains like this. Can someone explain this rationally? I have not exaggerated, or embellished the truth, I have documents of my trades. I'm thinking I have an innate psychic ability that triggers me to sell, or my consciousness is affecting my reality. Sounds cringey as fuck, all my life I have grounded reality deeply in science, but I'm at a loss, this is beyond bad luck.
>>
>>/x/
>>
>>3376979
No, i understand the absurdity
>>3376981
Outlined in the post
>>
You suffer from a mental illness. And the fact that many people say this to you on Hungarian Blanket Threading Spaces is totally not a coincidence or a plot against you. Please see a doctor and don't buy firearms.
>>
>>3377019
> Outlined in the post

quote the exact line then
>>
>>3377024
How do you come to that conclusion?
>>
Im with you OP.

Latest included selling MTH yesterday for OMG. MTH mooned instantly after and OMG tanked despite the fact it should have been the other way round. MTH should have tanked due to being a complete shitcoin getting dumped after ico and OMG should be mooning due to upcoming big news.

If anyone wants to know when im about to buy / sell something let me know and if you do the opposite you will make serious gains.
>>
>>3377041
"I want to fund some ICO's coming up"
>>
File: Jung-Color.jpg (149KB, 1095x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Jung-Color.jpg
149KB, 1095x1440px
>Unexplainable (psychic?) coincidences
>>
>>3377048
That is bad luck. Now that would be mental illnes to think otherwise. My case is completely different
>>
>>3376968
im experiencing more or less the same with crypto, i'd say my experiences are even crazier, the times i've been lucky or traded smart was when I didn't think too much about it, just acted on impulses, which of course is really triggering me but if that's the way...hope that helps you
>>
This phenomena is known as Buy High Sell Low in /biz/

I think you're onto something, OP, why does it happen so consistently? I had this with Bytom, watched it lose money every day unti I sold for BNB, then BNB dropped a litte ad Bytom went up 40%.

Bought OMG at ATH sold at ATL

Sold Bitcoin at the bottom of the dip the other day

Had this with sports bets and stocks as well,it's like a mindwave comes in from the cosmos giving you this impulse and it grows and grows until peak intensity which is when you do it, and find out it's a bad move at the worst time.

If I hdn't sold Bytom,would it have gone up? If it wasn't about to go up, would I have received the impulse to sell?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.