[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Collecting shit for hoarding and profit.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: some dudes mtg collection.jpg (115KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
some dudes mtg collection.jpg
115KB, 500x500px
Maybe its because I've been raised in a family that collected old antiques and shit, but I've found I really would like to see if I can start making a living off collecting shit.
I don't necessarily know what shit. There's a lot of things I've been thinking about.
I know I wouldn't mind making a more sizable collection of TCG cards, but I also wouldn't mind collecting fucking I don't know.. Old comics, DnD books and shit. Maybe even antiques like my parents did.
Even just some gay shit I don't really care that much about that is only valuable and likely to increase in value.
Can't think of what else I want to collect right now, but really just a bunch of other shit too.
Assuming I keep the collection in good condition, how hard is it to turn a profit this way? Any one got any tips? What are some good things to collect?

Don't say coin or stamp collecting or I will maim you.

It is a shame that you can't make a profit off of currency collecting though. I was considering paper money for a time, but I have a feeling its in a similar boat.
>>
Not interested in dusty old antiques that look like the belong in an old woman's bathroom, by the way.
Unless they have a really, really interesting history or something, but I suspect most aren't interesting enough.
Also, I have limited space so I only want to do relatively small shit for the most part.
>>
>>3371717
Collecting games is retarded. Buy lamps and art shit. Tiffany sets cost a fortune. It's all about the name. You're obviously too poor to buy a Picasso, but buy some locally famous artists and resell it to some rich retard who likes that stuff.

Check online auctions for old rich people's estates after they die. Buy that shit up, and resell it to some more old rich people
>>
Collect things you like collecting, and if it makes a profit someday, that's a bonus.
>>
>>3371852
>>3371880
Yeah... But I was curious what people had to say about the profit side. Maybe have some tips on hand or whatever.

I've... come to find that I like having money and things. I think I'm slowly becoming a jew. I don't know why, but I guess its just something about living on my own.
I'm trying to find methods to satiate my jewry and materialism beyond risking bets on crypto, waiting for stocks to rise or waiting for my Robinhood verification.
I don't understand what's happening to me.

In any case, I have a weird affinity for collecting things. Just things. Rocks even. I have a recurrent fantasy of constantly re-sel and buying nice looking or interesting things so I can then buy, look at and sell more interesting or nice looking things
>>
>>3371979
This was meant to only be a reply to >>3371880
>>
>>3371852
That doesn't sound like too bad an idea. I'll look into that.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.