[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

New and interested in investing but I don't know shit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_3995.jpg (101KB, 602x789px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3995.jpg
101KB, 602x789px
Can some seasoned investors point me in the right direction? I have $1000 that I'm willing to grow.
Pic unrelated
>>
>>3362821
BTC, ETH, LTC, XMR
>>
>>3362821
Or put all your $1000 in BAT while its cheap.
>>
>>3362821
What do you want to know Anon? Posting a thread like this you are only going to get a bunch of scrub faggots shilling their bags at you mostly. What exactly are you looking for?

Any particular information? Investment suggestions? Whitepapers? Long holds? Short holds? PnD?

What kind of % are you looking to earn? Is this savings? Or is this play money?

Do you understand the risks at hand and can you live without that $1k?

These are all things you should consider.
>>
>>3363116
I can live without the 1k. Just looking for an honest and effective way to grow my money into more. Obviously I will be taking risk but I'm willing to take less of a risk at the expense of a less % return rate. Not too polished up on terminology or anything but any pointers will help. I appreciate it.
>>
Start with understanding what crypto is and how it became this popular: read one of the many intros to Bitcoin, usually titled "What is Bitcoin? "
>Using Bitcoin/"blockchain", you can buy and sell peer to peer without a bank keeping score for you.

Then look up the scaling debate, the Lightning Network and the critiques of it, and BCC raising the block limit. Why doesn't BT/blockstream/bitcoin core just do this?? Hmmm .... 5 cent transations in 5 minutes using BCH, vs 5-15 DOLLARS per transaction and sometimes a whole day tx time for BTC, soon the alternative will be paying subscripton fee to LN and using their channels to buy/sell and send/rcv money. Is this still peer-to-peer, or are you paying a middle man to facilitate the tx.

That's where I'd start, understand the tecchnology and the politics.

Then you can decide if you think it's a remarkable product and if the gains this far are justifid. Then look for a good time to buy.

IMO, BCH and XMR are the only real products. ETH has value to people who prosper from centralized banking and want to replace open ledger, decentralized crypto (the old Bitcon) with "sidechains" (ETH, Lightning Network/the new BTC, etc). Will they succeed? To what degree? Invest accordingly.
>>
>>3363352
Cryptocurrency definitely has my eye. I appreciate the info here. I'm sure it will take a lot of time and learning to get a full grasp on it but I will look into each of these things that you've suggested until I get a firm grasp on it. Thank you very much.
>>
File: desu11.jpg (83KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
desu11.jpg
83KB, 1280x720px
all in on DGB desu senpai
>>
>>3363583
understand what scaling means, how it relates to blocklimit and you can get the gyst in a few hours

Sometimes though even an unsound product like small block centralized BTC can have major gains if enough peope buy into it, that's the hard part.

Get ready to buy some if there's a drop, I think there will be. Some BTCand LTC for now, some BCC for later. Very hard to guess where it will fall to so read about it compulsively.

Consensus is 3800, 3600, 3400, 3200 or even under 2k. So it will be very hard to time the bottom or even know when it's turned around, or if it's a "bull trap"/"dead cat bounce".

Good luck hope you make it anon. In the long run this stuff wont matter if you have the right Bitcoin.
>>
>>3362821
It's really very simple. Buy some BTC and sit back and wait. Forget about it for a few years and come back and enjoy your winnings.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.