[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Arbitrage Man here

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_20170904_091509.png (181KB, 855x948px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170904_091509.png
181KB, 855x948px
Arbitrage Man here
>>
File: IMG_20170904_091919.png (175KB, 894x967px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170904_091919.png
175KB, 894x967px
>>
I need an arbitrage bot for a specific situation: It has to trade one specific currency pair on 2 specific exchanges (can't tell which). It has to place orders in the order book depending on the price on the other exchange.
Now, when an order gets bought on one exchange it needs to sell on the other exchange and the other way around.
Then withdraw funds from one exchange to the other.
I have programmed before, can anyone tell me where to start to program an arbitrage bot?
>>
>>3334852
The thing with arbitrage is, you need lots of coin to make it worth it. Unless youre trading on some shady exchanges in which case theres a reason their price is lower.
>>
>>3335028
Go to the exchanges, read their API documentations, should be straightforward from then on.
>>
Is this actually profitable?
>the time it takes to send coins from one exchange to another
>withdrawal fees
>>
>>3335100
sounds retarded
>arbitrage for 1% gains on capital
>meanwhile btc dipped 3% that day
>>
>>3335160
if you do the math, maybe
>>
>>3335221
>do the math
It's one thing to make it profitable on paper and another in the real world.
Some exchanges take like an hour to process a withdrawal, another hour to confirm a deposit. Won't the market just correct itself in the meantime?
How often would you actually lose money doing this because the price changed while the exchanges were processing your sending coins from one to another?
>>
>>3335263

You don't transfer coins during the trade. The point is to have liquid balances on all exchanges you are arbitraging against and profiting off the order book spreads.
>>
>>3335263
>Won't the market just correct itself in the meantime?
Yes that's right. You need to have the currency you want to make a trade on already on the exchange with the higher price, to make a safe trade. Which requires you to hold this currency in the first place, which is a risk by itself.
That's why I only arbitrage currencies, that you can short. For example, if I want to arbitrage ETH, I open a ETH short on Bitfinex, buy the same amount of ETH on the exchange and transfer this to the exchange with the higher price. When it arrives, I sell my ETH there and rebuy it on the other exchange, repeat.
>>
>>3335404
do you arbitrage crypto/fiat pairs?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.