[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

BAT question

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 2

Last year the Brave browser launched with a built-in BTC wallet. It promised that if you opted-in to displaying "Brave Advertisements" you would get a cut of the revenue made from the ads sent to your BTC wallet. The only thing the Brave developers had to put in place was the infrastructure for their ad platform, the rest of the browser was ready.

Then one day Brave updated and took out the BTC wallet. They simultaneously announced that instead of BTC they would be now using a new cryptocurrency of their design called BAT in place of BTC.

Over the last few months they have been working on BAT and had their ICO. Finally they are nearing ready to enable a BAT wallet in the browser.

I have a question: why do this? Why use BAT over BTC?

The only reason I can think of is money raising from a new ICO, but given that there is no reason that I can see, nor that I can find a statement about, that explains why BAT is an advantage over BTC (or an equivalent like LTC). If there's no compelling reason to use BAT then it's going to tank.
>>
File: Brendon-Eich.jpg (41KB, 1018x1018px) Image search: [Google]
Brendon-Eich.jpg
41KB, 1018x1018px
I think the answer is in the roadmap if you ctrl f wallet.. I can't remember exactly if this is true but I think the whole system runs on Bat..Advertisers pay in bat, publishers get bat, you get bat.
>>
>>3333737
Ok but why not have advertisers pay in BTC, etc.?
Thread posts: 3
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.