[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I live in Orange County (might not be relevant, but mentioning

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

I live in Orange County (might not be relevant, but mentioning it anyways). Today is the second time that I've met with a super friendly Asian couple in their 20's who have talked about:

>knowing a successful couple who have retired at age 35
>pursuing them and being "under their wing" to learn how to get more out of life
>Very vague details; won't elaborate when asked
>Buzzwords: "Assets," "Passive income"

I'm insanely paranoid about MLM schemes. I'm very skeptical about the term """passive income""" and "being your own boss." I might be wearing a tinfoil hat right now, but this conversation I just was almost identical to the first one I had, which makes me think this is some kind of mind virus spreading around people my age.

Does anyone here know what the fuck they might be talking about? What business could involve "assets" and "passive income?"
>>
A pyramid scheme.
>>
OP I live in OC too. Chinks and Filipinos love to con people into these stupid fucking pyramid schemes. My customer tried to get me to go to one of her events when I was fixing her car; I told her to fuck off.
>>
>>3331973
Many legitimate ones.

An asset isn't like a MLM scheme where you sell shitty overpriced shit by dropshipping.

The most easiest and probably what they mean is real estate.

Many people think being a land lord is passive income. It heavily depends on location, property condition, marketing of place for rent and property management.

IF you're in an IN maket, and bought early, e.g. SF 10 years ago, and you're renting it out now, yeah you'll be making 3-5x your monthly mortgage. If the place mortage is $1200, and you're making $5000+, then yeah that's considered income by assets.

5000*12=$60,000, easily a salary in most of the USA. more than enough to live in the USA, like a poorfag, in the Philippines as a king, in Japan as a minor poorfag, and thailand as a king.

Then, due to the higher property value, they can also buy more property via equity and if TIMED correctly (3-5 years ago) may have two properites doing that.

I know if I was grossing $10,000+/month, that's a better return that putting a million in mutal funds and accepting 6% return a year ($60,000)

The other alternative would be business, franchises, leasing, etc

So, no anon, they're not all MLM schemes. Get your head out of your ass and read some real books on proper financial management and FIRE.

Financial Independence, Retire Early.

4Chan's shit on it, but reddit PF and FIRE subreddits are great.

tl;dr probably shitty asian couple confusing slumlording on airbnb as passive income.
>>
>>3332006
Before he started giving all these red flags, we hit it off about not being satisfied about our jobs and I ended up exchanging contact info with him. He said he was going to "put the good word in for me" (lmao). If he asks me to join, should I tell him he's in a cult?
>>
>>3332050

>cold approaching
>"are you satisfied with your current job?"
>vague
>"passive income"
>"be your own boss"
>mentoring

this is absolutely a MLM
>>
>>3331988
Like crypto???
>>
>>3331973
its Bitconnect. run far away
>>
>>3331973

They're going to strangle you and rape your corpse.
>>
>>3332042
this is the most boring shit i have read and immediately regretted today. thanks, faggot. fucking gay faggot.
>>
>>3332042
apologize, you swine.
>>
Usana was really big the last time I was in that area. There was another one, some juice diet shit. Pure MLM shit. Don't bother.
>>
>>3331973
f it turn it around on them and sell them crypto shit coins well see who f who over the hardest
>>
>>3331973

I'm in Orange County too. This has happened to my wife and I 4 times. It's some sort of bullshit MLM or Amway or cult, not sure which.

Question - why is it so prevalent in OC? Never got this anywhere else
>>
>>3331973
OC is full of scammy weird fucks, don't roll with them
>>
>>3331973
I'm gonna kick your ass at Bruxies if you post here again.
>>
>>3334344

Lmao, all these OC fags posting. OP sounds like he lives in Irvine
>>
>>3331973
I know so many bitches in OC that sell leggings and fitness apparel it's ridiculous. They all blow their husbands money on the latest rags their best friends peddle to them. A disgusting look at humanity.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.