[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Altcoins long term value

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: altcoins[1].jpg (114KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
altcoins[1].jpg
114KB, 800x600px
Someone explain to me how alt coins can have any long term value. The whole theory of crypto is that Bitcoin will become a global currency in the future. This is simple to understand. But what value do altcoins have in a long term pragmatic sense? Especially now that there are 1000s of them.
>>
File: im-going-to-be-fucking-rich.png (10KB, 218x251px) Image search: [Google]
im-going-to-be-fucking-rich.png
10KB, 218x251px
the whole attraction to crypto is the trustless system. bitcoin has limitations. other "coins" or services will offer the other needs to the market.

eg: Factom and data security (HIPAA, Legal, etc)
Monero - brings the anonymity layer to trustless ledger
Decred - bitcoin with a decentralized, effective voting system
Ethereum - smart contracts, ICO infrastructure, etc
>>
>>3330122
>The whole theory of crypto is that Bitcoin will become a global currency in the future.
lol "the whole theory of crypto"
>>
>>3330194
I can't tell if it's trolling or retardation
>>
If anything BTC is due a huge drop in value due to its loss of uniqueness.
>>
>>3330177
Thats a bunch of techo jargon designed to convince people to buy scam coins which are just pyramid schemes with no value beyond what people are currently willing to pay for them. It is conceivable that in the future BTC will be a global currency but I don't see how other coins will ever be used as a global currency. I see no feasible reason how there will be more than one digital currency
>>
>>3330122
idk where you got that theory but it's nonsense
>>
>>3330357
I hope you're trolling and not just that confident in your abysmal understanding of crypto/technology in general.
>>
>>3330211
No. It still has the "first" advantage.
>>
Yes someone explain to me how could there be more than one currency in the world, like right now we only have the dollar.
>>
I came to /biz/ expecting some good advice on what do invest my money and all I see is a catalog full of crypto memery
>>
>>3330122
>Someone explain to me how alt coins can have any long term value

AFAIK, most won't. But you can trade them til somebody gets left holding the bag

>But what value do altcoins have in a long term pragmatic sense?

Think of it like buying stock in companies that are developing the tech that will be the next generation of global technology innovation, except the 'stock' is altcoins. For an altcoin to be any good, it needs to be connected to an emerging technology that is likely to become useful or central to everybody's life in the future.
>>
>>3330357
Just because you do not understand foes not mean mean it's mumbo jumbo.

Bit keep being mad that have people have finally stopped only buying bitcoin making you richer.

BTFO kid
>>
>>3331528
Ethereum, Monero, Litecoin, OmiseGo all serve a purpose.

People are just upset that other people realize the crypto market is bigger then bitcoin alone and "king BTC" is rapidly loosing its unreasonably large market share to other projects.

BTC having 5 - 10% share but still being the biggest would be more reasonable.
>>
Some alts are software as a service on decentralized apps. The idea is that we horde the coins to make them artificially scarce so people wanting the service have to pay more for it. As the customer base grows, demand does and you get the opportunity to sell back more.

Others are currencies that are used to transact in new ways. These are harder to price because they're utility and stock and forex. We have no idea what they're worth. Some are platforms for apps, others are global money, others are infinitely scalable protocols for machines to talk on. So who knows? Some of them will have value independent of bitcoin.
>>
>>3331590
>"king BTC" is rapidly loosing its unreasonably large market share to other projects

you think so? based on what? I'm not saying this as a challenge, but actually genuinely curious.
>>
>>3330122
altcoins = 21 million of them = short/long term shit
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.