[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Real estate rentals

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_2027.jpg (159KB, 1600x1064px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2027.jpg
159KB, 1600x1064px
Hey guys, let's talk about real estate. I'm 20 years old have 10k saved up I don't pay rent so I have a lot of disposable income. I was thinking of buying a property some time next summer I plan paying in full and renting it. Before I make a stupid decision do any of you fellas have any experience doing real estate/ rentals? Is it a good investment? I plan on buying them in San Antonio area\ eastern Texas. I make abt 2k-3k a month and plan on buying a property under 50k every 3 years. my bro and I are thinking of doing this. Any tips and advice? Thanks
>>
>>3325337
Rent to white people
Do your math
Location location
Invest in a nice smart phone with a good camera and take nice pictures
>>
>>3325357
Do you think a contact rental agreement is a good idea Or will that throw people off?
>>
>>3325403
Always have a contract
>>
>>3325337
You need to read a book on this. Real Estate investing for Dummies is a good starting point. Yes you need a rental agreement. If this is even a question for you then you have not done enough research on this. go get the books off of libgen.io
>>
>>3326315
This. I own a house right now and have a buddy that lives with me and rents from me at a cheap rate. I've lived with him for over 4 years during college and have known him since high school so he's my guy and I 100% trust him.

Anyone else I would for sure have a contract.
>>
>>3326348
Thanks man. Yes I was just woundering about the legal hoops I have to go thorough just in case of bad rents.
>>
>>3326368
That's great, but I don't trust anybody. Too many bad experiences even with people I know really well. Joke is if you dislike someone lend them $100 and you will never see them again.
>>
>>3325337
property is a bad investment... max 4 , 5 percent gains... unlike crypto coins where you have 2/300 % gains per day.
>>
>>3325337
If you're doing it with your brother:
One of you become a plumber
Other become an electrician
Get experience in roofing, siding, walling, carpentry, all that sort of shit.
If you are able to do the majority of repairs and upkeep in house your expenses will go down immensely.

>>3326803
This guy is right if you are stupid and don't know how to fix shit yourself, otherwise you can easily manage to rent things out for x2 or x3 what the mortgage would be.
>>
>>3325337
Outside of jew york vancouver san fran real estate is a terrible investment
>>
File: wiggly faith ring.jpg (27KB, 400x641px) Image search: [Google]
wiggly faith ring.jpg
27KB, 400x641px
>>3327059
Seattle area is booming right now.
>>
Im 20 and fucked uo my credit bad (talking like 7 years to repair) and was thinking that i would learn carpentry/real estate (jay morrison on youtube is excellent) and then leverage everything once i fix my credit.
>>
>>3325337

Get properties where you can easily hire property management to take care of it for you, e.g. condo units... easy passive income.
>>
>>3325337

Or invest in commercial property, so that way you are automatically dealing with a higher class of tenants.
>>
>>3327059
You've got that backwards buddy.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.