[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

NO COINS THREAD

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: stock-mutual-fund-etf.jpg (32KB, 605x248px) Image search: [Google]
stock-mutual-fund-etf.jpg
32KB, 605x248px
Your opinion about:
- ETFs
- Vanguard
- ACWI vs. self-balancing a world portfolio
>>
File: 1500916909760.jpg (29KB, 640x519px) Image search: [Google]
1500916909760.jpg
29KB, 640x519px
>>3324827
When ICO ?
>>
>>3324827
wage ragie wage ragie shoo shoo wagie.
Reminder:Work is on Monday
>>
> Your opinion
Buy DGB
>>
>>3324835
Holiday bitch Mr Goldstein is such a bro
>>
Nice just bought 100k
>>
I like ETFs over mutual funds because they have lower expense ratios and you can dump them immediately. The downside to ETFs is it costs fees to reinvest dividends.

Index investing is great for the lazy, but if you really want to invest time you can individually invest into companies from an index, but exclude obvious losers. For example, I invest in all S&P 500 companies except ad tech shit bags waiting to dive like Facebook.
>>
>>3324827
>tfw I only brought one stock this year which has done 104% in 6 months.
>Wishing I got more crypto instead.

Get with the program gramps.
>>
>>3324827
Currently deciding on some dividend-paying ETF to put in my RRSP. I can't decide.
>>
>>3324872
Isn't that the point of a DRIP? Never done it myself, but people seem to like that option. Dividends are just re-invested fee-free after you sign an agreement
>>
>>3324872
>The downside to ETFs is it costs fees to reinvest dividends.
Distributing ETFs normally have lower TERs and low deviation from the index.

Accumulating ETFs have higher TERs and if you pick the right ones still a low deviation from the index.

In the end the TER doesn't matter, only the deviation from the index matters.

>but if you really want to invest time you can individually invest into companies from an index, but exclude obvious losers. For example, I invest in all S&P 500 companies except ad tech shit bags waiting to dive like Facebook.

But isn't the problem that I will end up with huge transaction costs, because I have to give around 500 buy orders? (Still assuming S&P 500).
>>
>>3324827
Do not buy a fucking broad market ETF at this point. Any honest money manager who isn't an ETF shill like Larry Berman will tell you that this a bad idea. Unless you work 15 hours a day and you have no one to manage your money for you, which you don't ,b ecause you're a NEET, pick individual stocks.
>>
>>3324877
>Short term bond and wait for the recession that will come in 1-2 years. If you really need to live on the edge then get a covered call ETF. But it's better just to wait for the giant crash that happens every ~7 years and then just to buy value stocks on the cheap. It's always going to happen because bank jews are always going to contract the money supply so that they force bankruptcies in order to buy up stuff at pennies on the dollar. Unless you want to orchestrate a beer hall putsch, there's nothing you can do to stop this so just have a bit of patience and wait.

The good news is you can buy 3x inverse ETFs on margin when SHTF so that you have more capital to invest in value stocks when the bottom finally forms.
>>
>>3325099
>you're a NEET, pick individual stocks

Implying a NEET can pick better stocks than "professional" investors with inside knowledge who still lose against the benchmark indices when picking stocks.

Implying a NEET has better market timing than "professional" investors with inside knowledge who still lose against buying-and-holding benchmark indices when holding for 30+ years.

I think I will stick with the benchmark indices and hold for 30+ years.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.