[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

so I was minding my own business working on a project for an

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: wayne.jpg (7KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
wayne.jpg
7KB, 200x200px
so I was minding my own business working on a project for an enterprise customer in my coworking space in mountain view and this guy starts tapping on my shoulder. I take off my headphones and I ask him "can I help you?", immediately he starts talking about immutable systems of records and how everything about how I write software is going to completely change in the next year. I leaned back in my chair at this point and ask him to explain what he means by that and give him a stereotypical "prove me wrong" type of glare hoping he has something actually useful to tell me. Before I finish my sentence he immediately starts waving his hands around talking about how useless databases are complete shit because you cannot verify the integrity of the data they hold and such and I stopped him and said "wait a minute you could very well provide these guarantees given you apply the corrects ops work to enable it and its behind a proper private network" and at this point he completely loses it and tells me I'm a complete idiot and reveals to me the sacred proof of Vitalk which the shitlords of /biz continually boast about when referring to the value of their ethereum investment. At this point I'm daze and confused I'm not really sure whats in front of me but I take the time to study it closely and begin to understand the value of immutability for even the most mundane things such as proving whether or not he who is named "money skeleton" is still alive (for whatever that is worth to the ethereum project) and it starts to click in my mind what this man is telling me. After he leaves I read the satoshi white paper as if its the bible and I become enamored with the idea of using blockchain for modern computer applications.

/biz/ did I just meet crypto jesus?
>>
>>3311564
Normies REEEEEE
>>
>>3311564
Wayne Vaughn is a fucking legend mate
>>
File: 1499267547901.jpg (15KB, 240x250px) Image search: [Google]
1499267547901.jpg
15KB, 240x250px
>>3311564
No one cares about any of that, it's much to complex for normies tiny brains. Just ride the pumps like the rest of us, kiddo.
>>
>>3311619
u sound like a normie brain
>>
>>3311564
Possibly. Since you're still on the launchpad (/biz/), we're all very behind. Let's work hard to catch up.
>>
>>3311641
Sit back and just think about the sheer ignorance of the general population. I'm not talking about your co workers or your friends. I'm talking about the clerk at the gas station, the welfare queens, the wetbacks, the idiot party crowd.

Do you honestly think they care to learn about crypto currencies and how they work? No, they could give a shit. Which is fine, they don't care about how their smartphone operates either, they don't have to. It's user friendly, if crypto ever becomes easier to manage than a bank account you will really see speculation take off. Until then, don't even worry about trying to convince people about Satoshis vision. You will just get glazed over eyes.
>>
>>3311600
Too right.
>>
>>3311711
I get it there are stupider people that yourself. doesn't mean you aren't a normie brain.
>>
File: 1494901776961.jpg (81KB, 1620x854px) Image search: [Google]
1494901776961.jpg
81KB, 1620x854px
>>3311732
I guess I'm in normie territory at this point. Just bought a house, have a girlfriend, don't get time to play games anymore... Still pretty autistic though, I am talking to you.
>>
>>3311842
well Im not your therapist so just coincide defeat and realize this board is filled with people like myself who have a deep understanding of the technology.

also.. blockchain isn't a game
>>
>>3311965
Blockchain is a game, by definition.
>An active interest or pursuit, likely a competitive activity, in which players contend with each other according to a set of rules.
Across most definitions, competitive nature and adherence to rules set 'game' apart from other terms of play. Which fits blockchain very well.

The term you're looking for is 'not just a game', because you believe there is value beyond its mode of play.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.