[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I learn more about finance?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: 1482798760636.png (334KB, 750x318px) Image search: [Google]
1482798760636.png
334KB, 750x318px
Hey /biz/, I want to learn more about finance on my own, I'd really want to better understand how it works. I didn't go to college, so not much higher education under my belt. How much maths is needed? I can handle algebra, and I taught myself very basic calculus a few months ago like derivatives and limits and basic integration techniques. Would this be useful for finance? I'm not a math genius or anything but I think I can handle it. Where should I start? Any tips?
>>
File: 1494812384394.jpg (955KB, 1345x1450px) Image search: [Google]
1494812384394.jpg
955KB, 1345x1450px
>>3309884
https://mega.nz/#F!1R0QATqZ!Eb1_M5KC9gkxK6w32R2ETw

(double click the zip file, then go into the '.biz' folder, then highlight all the books and extract)

Finance breaks down to arithmetic, mainly, but log and natural log are important too.

Quantitative stuff encompasses aspects of statistics, like calculating averages (which become expected values to be achieved, over the long run, by taking some position) and calculating standard deviation (which is used as a measure of how likely you are to achieve your expected outcome).

Khan academy has a playlist which starts from the basics of FV = PV * (1 + r)^n which is a fundamental equation in all of binance :DDD

Learn how to do to shit in excel, like downloading csv files from Yahoo finance, and then performing calculations/making graphs and shit. Learn VBA so you can make your own Macros in excel.
>>
>>3310136
Calc is important too, when you're trying to find optimum values.
>>
>>3309884
Do Stat right or don't do it at all.
http://www.springer.com/us/book/9783540254843
>>
What do you want? Personal finance? Economics? (Macro or Micro?) Trading? Investing? Be specific.
>>
>>3310235
Personal finance and some economics.
>>
>>3311227
Learn basics of finance by taking a Corporate Finance and Financial Accounting course. I recommend taking NYU Damodoran's online Corporate Finance class. You can also just read the first few chapters of any Corporate Finance textbook, do the some of the examples though.

After that, go read the Intelligent Investor and Warren Buffett's Letters to shareholders. Then take NYU Damodoran's Valuation course online.

After you've done all of this you'll have very strong foundations for investing and decision making.
>>
>>3311268
>dude asks for personal finance
>give him corporate

just starterpack with Rich Dad Poor Dad and youll have an idea of where to go from there.
>>
Aswath is the boi.
>>
>>3311227
Avoid conventional personal finance advice. It's for normies and will turn you into an eternal wagecuck.

Most personal finance websites like Reddit/r/personalfinance, give extremely bad advice unless you want to be a millionaire when you're 60.

Remember, when you're young income is everything. You need to grow your income and make investments in yourself and your career/profession. If you listen to the folks in personal finance, they'll tell you to settle for 50K/yr and 4% annual wage raises. If your income isn't growing at 20%+/year in your 20/30s though, you'll sure as hell be a poorfag.
>>
>>3311286
Yes, but most personal finance literature is for wagecucks. This is a business board.
>>
Read every article and watch every video posted on Investopedia.com

Your welcome
>>
>>3311328
RDPD isnt really a wagecuck book, its about the ABCs of not being stupid with your money

Its one thing to make money, its another thing to actually keep it.
>>
>>3310136
I like that equation.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.