[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The BIZ Challenge

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 7

I bet most of you faggots are too scared to do this, add up what you spent on crypto and take the original coins you bought, against current market prices, and tell us if you actually made money trading it, or if you would be worth more having hodl'd them.

Me:
Down $1,800 VS Having hodl'd the original 50 ETH I bought at $50 and $80.

Wojaks: Not happening, yet. I got fucked in the ass brutally by SIA, GOLEM and BAT (Lost 70+% on those) during the great june depression. I also managed to do some colossially retarded shit like losing $8,400 in a day trying to short sell BCC.

So, all things considered I'm doing pretty well and getting better. Its been at least a week since I lost that $8k. I bet during june I was down $6,000+ and I've whittled it back to -$1800.
>>
I use a command line program called `ledger` (http://ledger-cli.org/) for tracking all my crypto trades and expenses. I also wrote a Python script to read prices off of Bittrex and tell me the current value of my holdings using `ledger`. All told I have made about $8k profit with an investment of $19k over about three months.
>>
File: 1499432789285.jpg (47KB, 888x900px) Image search: [Google]
1499432789285.jpg
47KB, 888x900px
>>3308015
I got a 0.10 BTC tip about a year ago, it was worth roughly $40. I traded it for ETH and now it's worth about $2,300. I've never actually spent fiat on magical internet tokens, mainly because I'm a poorfag turboneet. I also sold my ETC at $21, bought AntShares, doubled my money and sold it for BTC>ETH.

If I had money to throw around I think I could make a killing trading cryptos, just by virtue of having watched the markets for so long. At this point in my life, however, it'd be irresponsible.
>>
>>3308085
thats honestly pretty bad. you should have at least doubled it from 3 months ago
>>
>>3308276
No, whats bad is when you lose ALL your shit. He still +50%'d his money in three months. You cant do that at the bank. And I bet he learned a lot doing it
>>
>>3308015

I started with .25 BTC and now have 1.6 BTC.
>>
>>3308276
I only had about $5k in until a week ago. I couldn't access my money as it was in a term deposit whilst I was in a hospital.
>>
>>3308276
All I did was hold and I went 5x in 3 months
>>
>>3308326
yeah but if he just held in bitcoin he would have doubled it, which means he lost on his trades
>>
>>3308418
Well sheeit, if only he had the winning lottery numbers the other day...
>>
>purchased ~100 bitcoins in 2011-2014 and spent on garbage.
>purchased 10 ETH at $60, sold at $70.
>purchased 25 ETH at $170 sold at $200
>got involved in a PND scheme and lost $3000
>Bought 31000 CFI @ $0.17 and sold at $0.07 ($0.25+ today)
>Bought 15,000 BAY and sold at a $1000 loss
>>
>I bet most of you faggots are too scared to do this, add up what you spent on crypto and take the original coins you bought, against current market prices, and tell us if you actually made money trading it, or if you would be worth more having hodl'd them.
Well if I only went with my original purchase of 1BTC I'm up $64k compared to the $4k I would have been if I'd just held. But if I went with things like the first altcoin that wasn't ethereum that I bought I'd be closer to $100k. Then again some altcoins would have crashed to practically 0 from my buying yet I made profit on them.

Regardless I'm counting it all as a win. Taxes are going to be a bitch though.
>>
>>3308400
What'd you hodl?

>>3308331
>>3308464

Shit niggers, I'm impressed! How do you do it?
>>
>>3308445
someone needs to tie your hands tape the dictionary definition of patience to your forehead
>>
>>3308470
Bought high, sold low. Occasionally daytraded when things felt really predictable(ANS was this way for me shortly before the conference, ark was for a few weeks in June when bots kept having it bounce between price points that were a few thousand satoshis separate.)

My largest gains were ETH, XRP, DGB, and ANS/NEO. Largest losses were VTC and Stratis(haven't sold stratis though).
>>
File: original on left.jpg (189KB, 1362x1080px) Image search: [Google]
original on left.jpg
189KB, 1362x1080px
>>3308015
This girl really needs to get a nose job
>>
BTC
>in for $50@1k

ETH
>in for $50@$16

My account is like 2k or so now. Haven't checked, can't be assed to do the math. Wish I'd bought a little more.

Too bad it's not enough to make up for living with my parents and losing my job last week.
>>
If you want to start from the very beginning...

I dropped 3k on ethereum in march when it was 30 dollars. 100 eth. I tried timing dips to increase my stack. Within a few months I was down to 79 eth. Sold at 370.

Took that 28k and dropped 20k on litecoin when it was 40 dollars. Dropped another 5k on NEO when it was 6 dollars. I even ran around the forum I frequent exclaiming it was the new ethereum.

And what did I do. I sold NEO (ANS at time) for 13 dollars. I held the litecoin for about a month but crypto was booming (early august) and that shitcoin didn't move. I sold LTC at 45 and then stumbled upon biz, and began chronically trading shitcoins all day for weeks on end. I've made almost no profit.

If I never sold any of my ETH I would be worth 40k today.

If I never sold my litecoin or NEO I would be worth close to 100k.

Instead I have roughly 30k. Not sure how to feel. Honestly I've been depressed for the past year or so and this crypto thing has really helped keep my mind off it. It's an addiction for sure. The only problem is that I gave up going to the gym almost entirely. I had a roidcel body and I've withered into nothing. All to lose 10k.
>>
File: 1471904727935.gif (379KB, 500x374px) Image search: [Google]
1471904727935.gif
379KB, 500x374px
I bought 1 ETH for $94.56 and sent it to Polo to begin my day trading journey. I also bought .5 Eth for $98 and 3.2 for $930... then I sold that 3.7 for $1229. If I'd held all 4.7 Eth they'd be worth $1785 right now, so I guess I'm down $556?
>>
Last week I had put in 379 and yesterday that was worth 620. Today I've lost but also put in another 300 to buy omg dip.

At present 679 in, worth 820 according to blockfolio. Id like that to hit 1k in the next fortnight.
>>
Pretty much the same. Might be up a little. Bought LTC and Ark
>>
>>3308015
spent around 4k. 15k as of today (17k being ATH which was yesterday lol).
>>
>>3308015
Definitely up versus if I had just held.
I bought my first late in 2016, did my first big buy of $12kCAD in May. I have no problem holding for months though. Never sold at loss. I tend to sell off only parts of my stack in a coin. I shorted a few times as well, don't recommend it.

Don't really have the time rn to figure out the figures, but I've gone from about $30k in to $200k rn.

The first coin that I bought held tight was hilariously XMR. FINALLY GOT MY DAY.

Next ones I'm going for is TNT and ETH.
>>
>>3310866
Fuck!!! I was the biggest proponent of XMR, knew it was super undervalued, but sold to swing trade STOX. Went out of town, XMR went 2.5x and I only made 30% on fucking stox.

Did something similar with IOTA, loved the tech, sold to swing trade, made a bit and missed the moon.

I'm probably down slightly from what I could be at with just holding BTC. Honestly I learned a hell of a lot more than if I just did that know. Buy strong coins, hold them tight.

Right now I'm super big on IOC. If they deliver, top 10 market cap coin
>>
Started in June when my old roommate showed up and had informed me that he got into ETH at $12 and made about 70k.

Put in a total of $1250 over 2 weeks, I'm pretty poor and it was all I could scrape together.

Lost about $800, put the remaining $450 into antshares at $4.00 and obviously did great. Since then I cashed out various times, pulled out 2k so I could get back my initial investment plus some extra cash. Traded the rest of antshares between $39 and 45 and have made gains on OMG, Ark, lisk. Today I put 3k into WTC and still have another $1500 split between a couple of coins.

So all told I put in 1250, and turned it into 6500, but since i initially lost 800 I really turned 450 into 6500 which I'm proud of.
>>
>>3310949
I know the feel anon.
Eventually, the fundamentals win out. Eventually, any coin with a solid developer and team does well. It's why I'm very into TNT, ETH, BNT, DCR, GNT, and Waves rn.
This board is the best and worst - makes me want to chase a pump every once in a while, but been doing good avoiding all of that. It's brought alot of coins to my attention that I wouldn't have even touched.

Never selling my 300 XMR though.
>>
File: profits.jpg (76KB, 1028x716px) Image search: [Google]
profits.jpg
76KB, 1028x716px
Here it is, boyo.

>Red is initial investment
>shit-color is the whole market
>dark blue are my current holdings
>light blue are my current holdings WITHOUT further money poured in (so it represents my trading skills best).

Here's one way in which Excel > Blockfolio xD
>>
>>3311009

what's the language you are representing months with?
>>
>>3311087
Bulgarian.

I've been keeping track since the end of May so that's the first one in there :)
>>
>>3308826
but If a guy doesn't want to have Jewish kids?
that's cheating
>>
Im up about 15k just from buying bitcoin and holding
>>
>>3308224
I'd have done the same but I got my tip of 3k bitb couple of months ago. Didn't trade much but at 21k beans. Hope I'll make it
>>
>>3308352
How many ways have you used Python in trading?
>>
>>3312241
hodl bitcoin or shitcoins?
>>
>>3308445
You are retarded to have sold your BAY. This project has a great future. You should have be patient and hodl.
>>
File: 02-SEP-17.png (52KB, 893x899px) Image search: [Google]
02-SEP-17.png
52KB, 893x899px
>>3308015
Started with $200 in Jan
Profits at $1,050 now.

Literally just bought OMG a few minutes ago (pic related) so I'm not counting that in

Haven't sold anything I've ever bought (ETH at $89, ETC at something tiny, STRAT at something tiny)

Only ragret is not going in hard and dropping 10K on the cryptos I chose.
>>
>>3311009
Strategy/tips? Do you trade actively?
>>
File: Virgin Colada (7).jpg (2MB, 2592x3888px) Image search: [Google]
Virgin Colada (7).jpg
2MB, 2592x3888px
>bought 300k DGB at 680 with around 2.5 btc, then sold 200k at 800 post crash
>bought 1.8mil RDD with 1 btc at 115 -insert pink wojak here-
>bought 5k Ark with the DGB gains at 20-30k then sold at 45k
>bought 700k DGB with the Ark gains at 380
>bought 1.6mil UFO with 0.15 btc at 7 and sold at 20
>bought 2.3mil UFO at 7 again
>bought 3.75mil MOON with the UFO gains leftovers.

-Spent 3.5
-Got 2 btc gains

So far so good, i give myself B+ as a total noob.
But hopefully the next couple of months i'll have 10+ btc gains

oh and i bought the btc when it hovered around early 3k $, so i tripled my cash.
>>
>>3308015

Started with 5000€ 3 weeks ago.
Currently at around 4700€ due to the general market fear of yesterday, and a lot of rookie mistakes compensating my wins.

I hold BTC, ETH, Civic, TenX, Golem, Blackmoon tokens (soon), OPUS and TNT.

I sold my OMG and NEO recently.

Hodling for the next months unless something big happens in one of those.
>>
>>3308015
I turned $1k into $3k sitting on btc and eth desu. An idiot could do it.
>>
>>3308015
oh dude I've made like $58,000 in profit right now, cashed out $30,000 of that, but if I had held some of the coins I would've bought....

I bought XRP at $.008 and sold at $.05
I bought DGB at 80 sats and sold at 900
I bought ETH at $15 and sold at $50

I mean I'm not gonna do the math but I know for xrp I could've had like $60k profit if I had held, DGB would've been $48k if I sold close to the top, and ETH wouldve been like $30k if I held.

But if I held the ETH, I never could've bought the XRP and if I held the XRP I never could've bought "the byte", so it's not as simple as that.
>>
I'm so proud of you faggots. The future is now, and we're all a part of it.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.