[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Distributed Storage Tokens

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: cNeEcEDW.jpg (32KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
cNeEcEDW.jpg
32KB, 512x512px
What are your opinions on these tokens? I am talking storj, sia, fluence, filecoin, and so on. I'm not so much interested in any individual token as I am in the general idea of letting individuals rent out hard-drive space for dividends. Do you think that these distributed storage schemes will actually be adopted by serious people? Will it challenge services like Dropbox or even AWS?

I'm interested in what someone who is knowledgeable on the subject has to say.
>>
They fucking will, read the money skelly commandments that I posted here for you fags today but nobody read
>>
Also I'm work in software / it security, this thing will fucking boom. But not short term. Everyone is busy with memecoins
>>
Bought Storj today. Chart looking great.
>>
>>3300152
Distributed storage is slow as shit and cannot compete against the big guys.
Also read the article about this same coin on shitcoin.com
>>
File: Screenshot_20170901-101639.png (306KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170901-101639.png
306KB, 1440x2560px
>>3300152

Friendly reminder that ecc is developing file storage and is still only 13 sats
>>
>>3300220
this is still me, just switched to type this from my mac instead of phone, because it seems like you are one of the few who asked the real question in the middle of this shitbag circus.

I worked in a certain open source company that got used huge finances (hundreds of millions) from Intel just on the promise that we'll deliver an open source cloud solution that companies would be able to deploy on premises. This thing is two fold

1) Companies want private clouds where can store all their shit and be sure that no NSA eyes their stuff on AWS
2) Intel doesn't want AWS and Azure and the likes to dominate the storage market because they (AWS etc) will then control the market and cut Intel' profits by dictating the ssd/hdd prices.

Now out of nowhere this blockchain explodes and these companies that you mentioned pop up. This is where the money is (not short term).

Also VB aka money skelly said this among other things:

> Besides the financial area, I'd say the following areas
> are prospective: the Internet security; the logistics;
> anything that has to do with identity; a more expensive
> but also a safer information storage.

Screencap this and keep an eye on the companies in this field.

Let the biztards ride their memecoins to death, but this thing will pop. And not just one company will win. Many of the will, competition is good for the ssd/hdd vendors and for the customers and the market. But this will probably happen when the dust settles or maybe sooner, who knows. But they will be worth A LOT.
>>
Burst
>>
File: qq23.jpg (51KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
qq23.jpg
51KB, 1280x720px
>>3300373
Thanks for the reply.
>>
>>3300152
>>3300193
>>3300220
>>3300284
>>3300329
>>3300359
>>3300373
>>3300377
>>3300585
Reminder that IOC is the smartphone of cryptocurrencies

DIONs will have file storage and much more (Aliases for BTC addresses,instead of long lines it could be pajeet-io, private messaging, PoS, etc)
>>
>>3300193
post it again
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.