[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Eth Classic buy or not?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6

File: Ethereum-classic.png (5KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
Ethereum-classic.png
5KB, 200x200px
what are your thoughts on the current hype?
>>
>>3299294
Strong buy, after metropolis destroys ETH, ETC will finally be king
>>
>>3299294
It's utter garbage. By buying ETC you support destroying ETH
>>
>>3299330
>>3299330
>after metropolis destroys ETH
back this up
>>
File: 4c2c91c9d0d10_58244b.jpg (71KB, 397x550px) Image search: [Google]
4c2c91c9d0d10_58244b.jpg
71KB, 397x550px
>>3299381
They're reducing mining gains by 2.5 time with three months of warning, while mining difficulty increased exponentially this whole year. Once the miners say fuck it and support ETC, ETH will be left in a vulnerable state. What do you think will happen then?
>>
>>3299437
mining ETC is already more profitable than ETH
fuck greedy ETH devs for the PoS that makes riches get richer
>>
>>3299381
>>3299437

Eventually it is going completely proof of stake, where are all these miners going to go with their equipment when this happens? Logically go to mining ETC
>>
>>3299294
>ethereum classic
>>
Holy fuck it's BTC vs BHC again lol
>>
>>3299468
>>3299471
I don't give a fuck about the miners personally, this isn't /g. What I do care about is what will happen to the price.

>PoS that makes riches get richer
Thats not a bug, its a feature. The question is - what will happen between now to when it goes full proof of stake
>>
>>3299497
apparently PoS will make the market more vulnerable to manipulation
because the proportion that whales hold will become bigger and bigger
remember not only devs hold a large proportion of ethers, but also ICOs so called scammers
>>
ok thanks
>>
File: 1487335122011.jpg (7KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1487335122011.jpg
7KB, 225x225px
>>3299471
>Eventually it is going completely proof of stake, where are all these miners going to go with their equipment when this happens? Logically go to mining ETC

That doesn't manke ETC relevant in any way though.
>>
>>3299471
who the fuck cares where the miners are once it's proof of stake though.
>>
>>3299641
the stake annum will be on par with inflation - 0 to 2% at the most. you can lay off your FUD.
>>
>>3301034
>>3301135

Hash is hash, it has to go somewhere. The value is in the security and the electricity, it's why shitcoins like Litecoin are even still relevant.

It doesn't have to beat Ethereum, just carve out its own niche.
>>
File: file.png (95KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
95KB, 500x500px
>>3299294
I doubled my position recently and am holding a few grand in ETC now. It's a pretty comfy hold after today's rise, though I actually don't know what caused it.

ETC is BTC with smart contracts, or ETH with BTC's economics.

Quick rundown:
- DaggerHash algorithm.
- Hard cap of 210 million (scheduled for Q4 '17)
- PoW always
- Smart contracts
- Can merge in any ETH changes since solidity changes are cross compatible.

I don't anticipate a take off until both Metropolis forks kick in (Byzantium and Constantinople) and then even more so once Casper is out, 'nor do I anticipate it "killing" ETH because I think ETH isn't as useful as a currency as ETC is.

ETC feels like a hybrid between BTC and ETH, and I don't think it has to compete with either (YET).

>>3299437
They're reducing the mining reward to 3 ETH, and has been discussed for about a year now. This actually helps miners but only because the time bomb already fucked them over. ETH mining will migrate away in droves a little while after Byzantium unless the other DaggerHash coins crash (a possibility).

>>3301396
Correct, but it doesn't necessarily need to go to ETC. It's just likely that ETC is going to be THE coin to mine, which will increase the price as miners bump up difficulty.

ETC started off as a meme because of the DAO hack, but it carved it's own identity afterwards. It's not my main hold, but it's one I'm going to hold onto for another year and then decide if it's shitcoin status.
>>
File: file.png (275KB, 600x252px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
275KB, 600x252px
>>3301245
USD inflation is "only" 2-3% annually.
>>
>been holding a fuckload of ETC since $3
>decided to sell out ~25% to buy into ETH at @ $21
I sure hope ETH stops fucking the dog and actually runs here or I just lost a bretty big amount. fucking aidsfaggot littledick
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.