[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Living off of stock

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: 20170818_132625.jpg (4MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20170818_132625.jpg
4MB, 4032x3024px
Is is possible to live off stock?

I think the minimum youd have to have in your portfolio would be 10k.

Assuming you could grow your portfolio by 1% a day (i know, bear with me) that would be 100 dollars a day.

Thats more than minimum wage. I know there are a few things that could go wrong with this reasoning, like the market having a down day/month/crash whatever...but if i was withdrawing and reinvesting my portfolio multiple times a month would it theoretically be possible? Hell with 20k, id only need to make a .05% gain on my positions.

If this is true, i can just save for a few years at my shitty job and then trade full time when i have the capital. Anybody already doing this?
>>
>>3292052
http://blogmaverick.com/2008/09/08/talking-stocks-and-money/
>>
>Is anyone doing this?
No. A consistent 1% return on the stock market daily is unheard of. People are ecstatic with anything in the double digits for an entire year.
>>
>>3292052
no only crypto has the volatility to make daily income, and perhaps the forex
>>
>>3292052
>make 365% a year off fucking 10 measly thousand dollars
>live on $100 a day like a medieval serf with a laptop
>if you fuck up one day or make a bad trade you starve

anon: your idea is dumb reeks of desperation. get a better fucking job, don't fantasize about making subsistence level income off of an unparalleled level of trading ability

really dumb, man.
>>
>>3292052
1% a day is hard as fuck
You also have to beat fees and inflation.

This is why crypto is the place to be right now, manage your risks and you might walk away with a decent profit.
>>
If you buy 90 stocks yielding 4% a year, wouldn't that yield you 1% per day on average? (Other things equal with regards to the dividend rate)
>>
>>3292296
Not just 365% a year
1% a day would compoud into a 3,777% return by the end of the year
>>
>>3292518
No, that would yield you an avg return of 4% per year
>>
>>3292521
he plans to basically keep spending that 1% he makes per day, lol, but yeah if it compounded you're right
>>
>>3292535

But on a cost basis?

I have 100 shares in 90 companies each. Each company divs .25. I paid $25,000 for the shares in total.

Each company divs every other day. I make $25 a day now. I make 0.1% per day?

R
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-08-31-23-54-59.png (82KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-08-31-23-54-59.png
82KB, 720x1280px
>>3292449
Swing trade, buy the dibs, play volatility etfs when theres a happening like the korea missile shit

its not hard senpai. Its good as side income
>>
File: 1311603778372.jpg (32KB, 323x323px) Image search: [Google]
1311603778372.jpg
32KB, 323x323px
>>3292518
>If you buy 90 stocks yielding 4% a year, wouldn't that yield you 1% per day on average?
>>
>>3292052
If you want to live a middle class lifestyle, $1 million dollars.
>>
>>3292796
Op. Don't listen to this faggot.

Just buy boring index funds, gold, silver, crypto, and some real estate.

Diversify and be boring.

Get a job and just set aside money each month.
>>
>>3292796
Thats what i want to . I ve been able to make decent gains. The rest of these guys sound like a bunch of quitters. If these "other traders" cant make these gains, you think that you cant do it? Thats a defeatist attitude if ive ever seen it.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.