[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The skinny on Vertcoin

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0632.jpg (38KB, 743x401px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0632.jpg
38KB, 743x401px
I'm wondering what the biz opinion on this coin is? Is it going places? Is it destined for mediocrity? Just started mining. Fill me in
>>
>>3291768
I'm holding a small quantity (100) incase it ever goes to its previous ATH in SAT.
>>
>>3291768
Yet another BTC clone that is adding to the crypto currency count.

21 million coins they said.

I get it now.

21 million alt coins.
>>
>>3291768

I think it's good. I feel like BTC, LTC, and VTC are like the gold/silver/bronze. It's cheap as hell right now, I feel like it's undervalued but what do i know.
>>
>>3291768
I have 31 vert which I'm holding. Bought at 50c so im happy with where my meager investment took me. I'm not sure where its taking me but I put so little in it can in the long term only even out at worse
>>
going to at least $5-10 leading up to atomic swap possibility
>>
>>3291768
Its only potential is due to LN hype. Otherwise it's a shitcoin and I wouldn't hold longterm
>>
>>3292733
Yeah, I'll continue mining and maybe grab a 100. It was a nice easy intro to crypto mining. There are some thorough
Guides on YouTube on how to get setup. Something to look forward to checking on when I'm done wage
Slaving all day.
>>
>>3292733
exact opposite of this

Litecoin 2017 roadmap:
>Work on cross chain atomic swap between Litecoin and Vertcoin.

this is because LTC is testing its compatibility with swaps with BTC. if LTC can swap with BTC, then so can VTC. EVEN IF bitcoin has nothing to do with this, then it still means LTC is partnered up with VTC

the "LN hype" is a big fucking deal, and the fact that VTC is even entering the convo with two of the top 5 coins on coinmarketcap while being ranked #111 is a sign of good things to come
>>
File: 1486376149632.gif (352KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
1486376149632.gif
352KB, 256x256px
>>3292923
>Its only potential is acting as an LN testnet
>Definitely not a shitcoin goys

Really gets the ol' noggin' joggin'
>>
>>3292923
I'm not being intentionally obtuse, so I'll just write down my thoughts here:

I do concede that VTC is destined to be at least $5-$10 over the coming year, since obviously shitcoins like NEO can go up to $50 on hype alone. That's why I plan on owning some after I finish accumulating my target LTC #. But, the only thing VTC has going for it is two things: An unimplemented "privacy" feature and LN testnet status.

The reason LTC is mooning is because it's faster than BTC, and LN memetomic swaps can help speed up the BTC chain, and this is due to its fundamental blockchain restrictions (block gen time / size) being different than BTC's. So the main question I'd have is "Why is VTC better than LTC?" -- In terms of block size / generation differences, I'm not aware of anything which makes it objectively better, which means it's a clone. So, let's take a look at the other option: The Privacy focus.

Both Ethereum (zksnarks) and Bitcoin (offchain tx) have privacy increases as a target goal within the next year, which means that the potential marketshare of VTC as a Privacy Coin gets eaten away even though it's compatible with LN. More importantly, there are more established Privacy coins (XMR, fundamentally incompatible with the LN due to obfuscation practices; ZEC, eaten by ETH zksnarks port) which already satisfy the need. So the LN needs to be fairly popular and established before this coin can take off (realistic timespan: 2-3 years), and this means it's a purely speculative coin.

Now, I also have a different definition of "longterm" than most of /biz/, where "longterm" means at least 3 years. This market is destined to crash spectacularly in 2018, which means my main investments will be in coins where actual longterm potential due to fundamentals will survive the impending doom. All of this is why I don't consider VTC to be a good hold for "longterm", although I'll be happy to cash out in the next year since $1 coins guaranteed to P&D are a cheap gamble.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.