[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bitcoin Mining

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: btc.png (10KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
btc.png
10KB, 200x200px
Sup niggas, today I learned that Im going to be setting up, constructing, implementing and controlling this giant bitcoin mining rig for this rich, normie, charity loving guy. Now dont get me wrong, I understand the basics of it and whatnot but I've actually never really done anything like this before. Is there any real advice someone can give me?
>>
Buy a bunch of old Computer hardware from the mid 2000's, lot's of it for fee in dumps.

Then Spend the $100,000,000 in a hash mining contract from a much more profitable mining operation in Iceland.

Collect Prof fits.
>>
>>3291629
This would probably be the most reasonable way to do it
>>
>>3291540
Give canaan.io a call. They're not complete wank stains like Bitmain.
>>
Basically, what this guy wants to do is literally buy a warehouse, spend between 50k-300k on rigs and power etc and just sit back and collect profits whilst I'm running literally everything. wut do
>>
>>3291690
>Kill self
>Eternity of peace
>???
>Profit is meaningless
>>
>>3291690
buy lube
>>
>>3291690

Sounds like a good opportunity. Make it work.
>>
You think 50-300k of currency on rigs is going to need a warehouse? Assuming you're running an ASIC miner that isn't losing money vs the electricty cost you're not going to need that much space.

Much better off finding an office for rent. Look for ones that might include utilities (electricity really).
>>
>>3291690
Ensure you get a good paycheck, and diversify your mining rigs (40% BTC/40% LTC/20% GPU-centric coins). LTC is going to be the highest performer short-term and will net you brownie points from him.

Does he even know how much ASICs cost, and do you have any idea what coins you're going to mine?
>>
>>3292241
If you have proper air ventilation and clean air, you gain 15% hash rate. If you were to build smaller, you'd lose out on a ton.

Larger building -> Less heat chambered

You'd save a ton building a little bigger as a flat building cost, than maintenance and bricked out servers.
>>
>>3292305
His original plan was to just mine solely Btc. But I've shown him Eth and Ltc and hes become interested in those as well. I assume hes aware of the costs involved and I think he just wants someone to blame in case it all goes up in smoke.
>>
>>3292319
He said warehouse.

Assuming he buys the latest gen miners, he's looking at $1500 if he wants to wait 2-3 months for that batch. All the meanwhile the price of the coins has gone up, difficulty has risen, etc.

If he wants them ASAP, probably at least 2x that price.

I have a couple of rigs i've built. No ASICs, but I understand how temp/airflow work. Still no fucking way he would need a warehouse with that amount.
>>
>>3292412
I haven't been given a lot of information yet but all I know for sure is that hes willing to spend up to 300k on rigs alone to make a profit. I'm just looking for advice on how to make it work.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.