[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

HOW MANY UNTIL YOURE A WHALE

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_1343.jpg (217KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1343.jpg
217KB, 1000x1000px
What's up guys. I have a really important question here, how many BTC do you need until you're a whale? Is it just 21 BTC (1/1million or less holders) or do you need more? I'm not talking some giga-mega whale, just your standard BTC whale?

Please put your answers in percent of marketcap so we can apply this to other coins too. Like do we need 100 eth to be a 1/1million holder too or more?

Let me know, this is extremely important to all of us of course.
>>
You need minimum 2000 btc to be considered a whale. That's because btc will stop at 50,000 per one.
>>
21 btc is a meme.

I think 25. That's 100k which is enough to start throwing your weight around. Also at that point you become valuable to clubs and groups.
>>
>>3277026
This is also a great point. Whale club entry is super important here, is 25 usually their allotment? Fuck maybe some day, only at 9 right now (in altcoins of course, waiting for that moonshot)
>>3277018
Fuck yourself dude that's completely unreasonable.
>>
https://bitinfocharts.com/top-100-richest-bitcoin-addresses.html

If you have more than 10BTC you are in the 1%
>>
File: IMG_1344.png (217KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1344.png
217KB, 750x1334px
>>3277062
Nice graph. Didn't know bitfinex was such a huge exchange, but I guess they've been around for awhile, impressive
>>
>>3277062
thats just bitcoin tho in a single address.
whales have multiple positions and multipke addreses
>>
"whales" didn't become whales by being retarded faggot traders or altcoin buyers

We accumulated when you said Bitcoin was dead, when Bitcoin threads we're rare on this board and altcoin threads didn't exist. The smart ones will only sell very small amounts.

The King has taken over, and all they can do is spread fud and shill scamcoins (i.e. anything not Bitcoin)
>>
>>3277201
>idiots bought Bitcoin at $400, went to $1200, they panicked and sold at $200 only to buy back at $4000. REEEEEEEEE!
>>
>>3277201
Sure, we are all too late to the party and just fucking around with altcoins. Most of them will never be anything but you can make chump change here and there. I'm just young and never heard the good word about bitcoin until it was $400 before that $1000 moon in 2011.

But I don't understand how you expect bitcoin to continue. The transaction fees are $15 still with segwit, and lightning network really isn't going to do much besides centralize bitcoin a bit and isn't that useful (open up a channel for each person you are transacting with). Necessary upgrades take forever cause of the chink miners.

Congrats if you're a whale, but are you seriously not investing in any altcoins? Taking a gamble on a new, outlandish technology is what made you rich in the first place anon
>>
>>3276997
I have 21 BTC and don't consider myself a whale. This is like the bare minimum I feel comfortable keeping, should have bought more.

I'd say several hundred would be a whale in my book.
>>
I'm 100btcfag
not even baby whale?
>>
As a whale I can remember checking the Bitcoin price daily and the price going from $224 to $226 was a big fucking deal and got me excited.

You guys had over a year where the price was between $180-$260 but you didn't buy because you fell for fud and have no idea how revolutionary Bitcoin is. After 2007 you have so many double digit iq retards using the internet and shitskins it's pretty demoralizing desu.
>>
>>3277322

>you gambled
>you won
>everyone is now retarded

k
>>
>>3277350
How is it a gamble when for the first time.in human history you can send value without a third party.

That Andreas antonopolous might be a pacifist leftist faggot but how could you not of heard some of the great shit he had to say about bitcoin back in 2013.

You ignored it or decided it was a scam or fad and now youre struggling to own one bitcoin or hold worthless altcoins
>>
>>3277322
>>3277421
Can one of you fags answer this? And how many coins do you hold?
>>3277275
>>
The problem is, bitcoin is "revolutionary" until it gets replaced
>>
BTC

is already becoming obsolete

it will be long gone before we even have the time to get access to all 21,000,000 coins
>>
>>3278044
but what about muh russia mining
>>
File: Screenshot_20170829-164503.png (636KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170829-164503.png
636KB, 1080x1920px
>>3277062

I have 10 bcc am I a whale too?
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.