[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Judging Price for Beginners

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: 1500208563943.jpg (33KB, 640x336px) Image search: [Google]
1500208563943.jpg
33KB, 640x336px
I'm sick of muh market cap responses to price.
According to: https://bitconnect.co/bitcoin-information/10/how-is-the-price-of-cryptocurrency-defined

Price is defined by a variety of indicators:

- Limited Supply and supply/demand (here is where muh market cap people end their thinking)
- Energy put in in the form of electricity to secure the blockchain (increased energy means less profits for miners which means they're less likely to mine X token)
- Blockchain difficulty level (difficulty auto increases with increased mining which correlates with increased attention)
- The utility of the currency, and how easy it is to use and store (see utilitarianism: https://plato.stanford.edu/entries/mill-moral-political/)
- Perceptions on its value by the public (we're not yet at this stage and will have to figure out ways to make it acceptable to the larger public)
- Price of Bitcoin. (gateway into the market as a whole)
- Media (rumours, shills, and "facts")
- Investors (fudders et alia.)
- Scams (ponzi and others)
- Market dilution (how many of the same type of token exists for a given application)
- Innovation (how functional/innovative is this compared with existing applications? does it really need blockchain to function?)
- Confidence in traditional systems (centralization is being undermined by decentralization)
- Legal/Governmental issues (regulation has the capacity to stifle innovation to a degree but in practice it changes the way people invest / focus on viz. Monero and other anon "coins")

These are a combination of quantitative and qualitative factors (best thought of as a spectrum or being represented on a number line). Don't fall into the trap (meme) of valuing a single way to measure value.

> Also, they're not really currencies in a technical sense but bridge the gap between currency and asset through virtue of use. I prefer the term "token" but whatever.
>>
>>3261835
.... That literally what market cap is you dumb shit. price means nothing when shit like

https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/42-coin/

exists.
>>
>>3261865
Are you dense? Scarcity also causes perception of value.
>>
>>3262092
i think that's overrated and most people prefer paying small amounts of money for large amounts of coins, because large numbers
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.