[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Segwit is good

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 4

File: 4730009.jpg (211KB, 1000x666px) Image search: [Google]
4730009.jpg
211KB, 1000x666px
The simple truth is that no trustless blockchain can be:
-decentralised and secure
-widely successful as a payment solution
-have affordable tx fees.

Trustless blockchains propagate every transaction ever to every full node. If you do the math for what that means to compete with fiat/visa/paypal, it's pretty obvious this can't work. You can make the blocks 2x larger, 10x larger, 100x larger, it won't solve the problem fundamentally.

First off, as long as transactions are really cheap, the blockchain will be abused, filled up with spam, non transaction messaging, (((satoshidice))) crap and what have you, until the blocks get full enough that market pricing of this permanent, ultrasecure decentralised storage reaches an equilibrium. But more importantly, to compete with volumes of Visa and the like, blocks would need to be so large, that virtually no one would be able to run a full node, because the storage requirements and the processing requirements would mean a high end PC wouldnt cut it, you'd need your own datacenter, not unlike VISA.

Thus you kill decentralisation and security. Already with a pretty young currency like bitcoin, that "no one" uses, with tiny 1MB blocks, the blockchain has grown big enough that we are struggling to have enough full nodes (we lost like 95% of them over the last few years). Time will make this worse, bigger blocks will make this a LOT worse. Off chain payment channels truly is the only way to achieve scaling. Small payments don't need to settle on the blockchain instantly, and some limited counterparty risk for a short period of time is entirely acceptable. Yes, LN can be implemented on other coins, so what? Bitcoin is still (by far) the most secure blockchain, and payment channels settling on it, rather than some obscure altcoin will still be more desirable.
>>
File: 1503948457876.jpg (41KB, 470x469px) Image search: [Google]
1503948457876.jpg
41KB, 470x469px
>>3261117
t.btc shill
>>
All of this should be rather obvious but for some reason /r/btc cultists don't seem to understand it.
>>
File: 1501982572562.png (822KB, 1136x1434px) Image search: [Google]
1501982572562.png
822KB, 1136x1434px
>>3261117
>please visit my patreon to see the full set, goy

women cosplayers are the biggest jews now
>>
Alright, you've convinced me. Going all in on BCC. Thank you shill for opening my eyes.
>>
>>3261117
If that's the case then there is no point in holding Bitcoin. It will eventually become manipulated and subject to the same problems that occur with fiat.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.