[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cold Calling Advice

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

Have some major caree/life/goal changes recently and long story short I took a promotion to job I never thought I would want or have. With that being said I have actually grown to love the "salesman" job. Anyways, I'm trying to show that i have the drive to move up in the company by doing cold calls with out being asked to do so unlike the other employees. So my main question is there any advice or knowledge y'all could impart so I can make a strong impact my first few weeks on the job. Thanks
>>
File: C7S0ouqVAAANACj.jpg (40KB, 639x424px) Image search: [Google]
C7S0ouqVAAANACj.jpg
40KB, 639x424px
When calling black customers be sure to talk ghetto slang so they feel comfortable with you
>>
I just realized I typed this like a dumbass. plz excuse dumbassery
>>
Implement a system for all salespeople where the phone literally does dial itself. Lots of options in this space. Not using an autodialer is retarded and allows lazy salespeople to slack off.
>>
>>3258985
What profession?

>Get ready for 95-99% rejection
>Develop a spreadsheet of names to call
>make a separate spreadsheet for potential customers, customers, etc
>Develop a short script, intro your name, company and a hook.
>Dial like a madman. 100-200 DIALS/day, expect a ~10% response rate.
>Make a schedule and stick to it for dialing no matter how busy you get. eg 8am-10am is dialing, no appointments

Ask questions and I can help some more, but this will get you started
>
>>
cold calling consists for 99% out of having a two minute talk which ends in ''no sorry i'm not interested, bye''. you're not fucking jordan belfort, not even in the slightest when you come here to ask for help. so expect nothing. just don't curse, but be rude. politeness won't help you sell shit.
>>
>>3259089
This. Unironically. I can really feel and see the impact i'm making regarding sales using this strategy. It helps that I'm not white I guess.

I work in a pawnshop that my employer picked up for scraps (the owner fucked it up, people there are pretty cool actually) in a pretty bad neighbourhood. Business is picking up and soon we will instill bonuses. Everything will go to crypto.

Tip for people who think they have no place to go in life: go work in pawn shop.
>>
>promotion to cold caller
What were you before, the office stool?
>>
>>3258985

marketingfag here
my advice in regards to cold calling: dont do it
its a retarded form of sales and youre wasting your time with 90%+ people who just dont want your shit
better to focus on inbound marketing and generating qualified leads. have people come to you that actually are interested in what youre selling and then close them. even better, get into copywriting and you dont have to talk to people at all.
>>
How is cold calling still a thing? I'm always seeing people post shit about cold calling on linkedin. Isn't this shit suppose to be a meme?
>>
>>3259180
Let me start by saying I took the job for the upward mobility/experience not the pay raise.
But I do pro account sales for Home Depot. I'm 24 and all the other people in the department are in their 40s/50s so I'm trying to show I'm young and I'm ambitious so i don't have to do this long. But yeah its not the fear of rejection that gets me its just the initial 30 seconds to a minute. If i can get past that I'm fine and talking like I've been in the business for 20 plus years. So i guess my question would be how can i effectively start the phone call?

Thanks for tip on the scheduling also. will def keep that in mind.
>>
>>3259398
Before y'all go off on MUUUH DEPOT, i have degree in political science with a focus in international relations/national security. A technical background in nuclear energy/ conventional weapons. Im literally just using this job as a stepping stone.
>>
>>3259465
>Im literally just using this job as a stepping stone.

To what?
Can't you just work in small government office job with your degree?
>>
>>3259479
I want to work for lockheed martin/northrup/etc.
>>
>>3259398
There is nothing you can say to a stranger to 'effectively' start a phone call. You need something short and sweet<10seconds. Name, company, hook.
It is pure timing 95% of the time, whether or not they need your service.
If you hook them, ask them some qualifying questions(write them down) and then close(ask for the appointment/sale).
Create canned emails in Word for the 'maybes' and 'yes's'. That way you can blast them off after your done your cold calling session. Print the 100 names for the day and lock yourself in a room with a phone and a pen. Send all emails after you have completed 100 dials. Send handwritten 'Thank you' card after the sale is complete.
Follow up after 3 months to see how things are going. Keep in touch with your customers.
>>
>>3259502
Why the fuck would a defense contractor need a political science major with sales experience? I don't think you understand what those companies do, unless you're trying to be an administrative assistant, which is chill I guess?
>>
I coldcall random phone numbers to talk about bitbeans

I don't even ask them to invest, I just want to talk to someone about the beans
>>
>>3260255
Governments buy weapons... people have to sell them. I've seen the job postings before this is pretty straight forward stuff.
>>
>>3260255
>Why the fuck would a defense contractor need a political science major with sales experience?
seems pretty obvious to me. do YOU understand what those companies do??
>>
So the goal is to be a lobbyist for a defense contractor? I mean these are some of the wealthiest people in the country.. Don't let the military industrial complex take you anon! save lives instead or something
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.