[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alternatives to Proof of Work or Proof of Stake

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: succ.png (37KB, 650x650px) Image search: [Google]
succ.png
37KB, 650x650px
So with the announcement a few weeks back that Ethereum will be switching to proof of stake, I was wondering, what available alternatives are there to Proof of Work/Proof of Stake? Do any of them have the ability to replace proof of work or proof of stake by working more efficiently or being more convenient?
>>
proof of email address. just email the coins.
>>
You just created a new one just now!

Proof of idiocy.
>>
There is also Proof of Capacity.

And everything except proof of work is a horrible idea for a currency.
>>
Proof of cock
>>
I dont get the PoS aspects to begin with. PoW you compute shit and spend electricity to gain a small compensation but PoS? You hodl some shit but how is that going to benefit the system? Why would you get anything from it?
>>
>>3248265
cuz you're proving that you're not selling the coins
>>
File: 21c65e0cf6b88be17425f3c4bbb4dfcb.jpg (702KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
21c65e0cf6b88be17425f3c4bbb4dfcb.jpg
702KB, 1920x1080px
>>3248209
Proof of Proof

Proof(Proof)

get on my level
>>
>>3248265
Solving random problems doesn't benefit the system either. It's a total waste of energy.
>>
>>3248273
it has nothing to do with lending/enabling the whole thing to make use of the staked coins while you parked them in a wallet - which would much more be like banks function
>>
>>3248348
ment to be a question
>>
Proof of Importance by NEM is a rather good consensus algo.

It builds further on top of PoS. One question in this thread is about how PoS is even viable. Well, it's quite easy actually. Showing that you have a sizeable interest (or stake) in the currency and willingly locking it in for the time that you operate as a validator is an example of the holder's positive incentive to keep the currency network healthy (since they're invested into it). Also, a larger stake translates into a higher validation capacity.
>>
Proof of Windows 95
>>
Proof of signature
Xby has this
>>
>>3248265
If you try doing bullshit your stake gets destroyed.
It's much more energy efficient than PoW.
>>
>>3248286
Wrong.

Mining places a fiat cost on generating coins. This gives the coin real value since you're essentially converting fiat into crypto. Additionally, ever increasing hashing power increases the overall security of the coin.

You clearly have poor understanding of both economics and crypto.
>>
>>3249470
PoS is just inflation. Period.
>>
Proof of Loo

Keeps pajeets out of the game
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.