[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Crowdfunding with Cryptocurrencies

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: penus.png (8KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
penus.png
8KB, 300x168px
I'm a backend web developer, and I've also been playing with crypto trading for the past few months. I've always wanted to implement cryptocurrency in practical stuff.

Basically my question is:
I want to build something like IndieGogo or Kickstarter with just bitcoin. It will transcend national barriers and have little transaction fees. I know defaulting will be easy here. What are the solutions to these problems? I have heard of lighthouse before but Im not sure what it is. Help is appreciated.
>>
Thanks for the idea pleb
>>
>>3247612
but how would fraud detection work? should they all send donations to a centralized wallet and be given the money at the end?
>>
>>3247551
>pledge $5, pay $4 in transaction fees
>project was a scam
>OPs site sends my $5 back less transaction fees
>get $1 back
>>
>>3247787
ok fuck. iota is the solution then
>>
>>3247551
Been done already
Starbase.com
>>
This already exists, it's called Wings
https://wingsfoundation.ch/
https://coinmarketcap.com/assets/wings/
>>
>>3247860
sites down
>>
done already it is called "ethereum", and the projects are named Initial Coins Offering.
>>
>>3247787
just wait for lightning network , goy
>>
>>3247551
To minimize scamming you NEED some kind of Proof of Identity + reputation system so people are limited in how many "accounts" they could feasibly make. Unfortunately it seems like you'd have to enter your SSN at one point so the app could validate you which would turn off a lot of people. But if you could somehow anonymize that process, you could just hash the SSN and save only the hash and then you'd have an easy way of making sure no one can ever use that SSN again. But anyway even if you got this working in a safe, decentralized way for another country it would most likely not work for every country.

tl;dr this shit's complicated
>>
>>3248055
no phag, i am talking about trying to fund someone's software project or blog project and they have like a month. i could also do a recurring thing such as patreon
>>
>>3248109
id just use what the feds use to track ppl. ie: ip addresses, window screen size, cookies, os. they will also have to put their name down and photoverify it.
>>
>>3248020
https://starbase.co/
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.