[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fast BTC trades

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

Hey /biz/ I am writing a bot that trades alt coins on bittrex. Problem is, I have to convert the alt coins to BTC before converting them to another alt coin, so I have to wait for 2 BTC transactions before I go from alt coin 1 to alt coin 2. ETH transactions also seem to take a while. My trading strategy relies on switching alt coins in short-ish intervals, like 30 seconds (not HFT by any means). What can I do to execute faster trades?
>>
>>3236673
>>
>>3236673

Wtf are you talking about 2 confirmations? Are you looking to arbitrage across two exchanges?

If not it's really simple:

Sell coin 1 for BTC
Buy coin 2 with BTC

WHAT AM I MISSING HERE?
>>
>>3236832

Lets say I have 1 BTC worth of OMG on Bittrex and 1 BTC of BTC as float.

My algorithm tells me to switch the OMG to ARK.

I sell the OMG on Bittrex and immediately purchase the ARK with the float.

30 seconds later my algorithm tells me to switch the ARK to DNT.

I have to wait another ~10 minutes for my OMG->BTC and BTC->ARK transactions to confirm

I can't just sell the ARK at this point because the initial confirmation hasn't completed.

For what you are suggesting to work I would need to have float in all possible currencies and this would be really expensive to get off the ground.
>>
>>
>>3236930

Everything on the same exchange? You don't have to wait.
>>
>>3236673
You don't have to wait for a BTC confirmation. Have you used bittrex before? The funds are available as soon as you close.
>>
>>3236930
u dont have confirmations for buying/selling on exchanges, because everything stays in one wallet, the exchange's wallet.
unless youre placing maker orders and are waiting for them to be filled, in which case just place taker orders instead
>>
>>3236673
also make sure u take the fees into account, trading on small changes like what u seem to want to do can get u cucked by the fees
>>
>>3237050
Alright I feel pretty dumb now, I've purchased alt coins with bittrex before and never paid attention to the fact that the funds were transferred immediately. I just went and did a BTC-NEO sale and it was instant. Thanks for your comments guys and I will definitely keep an eye on the fee amounts and set up some heuristic for determining if the trade is worth it.
>>
Top kek, my bot will eat yours alive.
>>
>>3237326
>>
>>3237326
Bro my heuristic is so stupid you would cry. What's ur strategy? old skool TA or what?
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.