[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Candlestick charts

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: candle sticks.png (23KB, 845x306px)
candle sticks.png
23KB, 845x306px
Can anyone explain candlesticks to me...I got that red means down green means up and the size is the difference in price but why are 1 and 2 at the same height?
>>
>>3233841
If you dont understand this just by looking at it you're too stupid to be trading
>>
>>3233881
i got that 1 traded high at .00012 and stopped at .000117 and 2 did the opposite but why are the bars and sticks different sizes...
>>
Here you go OP, this video helped me out when I knew literally nothing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rwVV_8uUxc
>>
So the way the candlesticks work is, each period gets its own candlestick depending on what chart you're looking at (i.e. each candle is 1w, 1d, 1hr, 15mins, etc).

The period for the candle has an opening price and a closing price. Each new candle will start at the opening price and build a red body if it closes lower or a green body if it closes higher.

Beyond the bodies are the tails that come out of them -- this means that during the hour/day/etc the price moved to this point but was reversed. So in your pic, the tail at 1 means the price rose that high during the 30min period, but was brought down by bearish activity (selling).

In #2, you can see the opening price of the green candle close to the closing price of the previous red one. At some point it traded lower than the previous close, but bullish activity (lots of buyers) brought the candle up to close at the previous 30mins high price.
>>
The whiskers are the highest and lowest prices within the period of time represented by the candlestick.
The bars represent where the price opened and closed in that period.
>>
https://streamable.com/c4ehw
>>
>>3233841
Candlestick charts were designed for 18th century Japanese rice futures, not cryptocurrency.
>>
>>3233841
Read this slowly so you understand it.
The second bar went down as low as the thin line under it, then, in the same time period, the price went back up, but not to as high as it was in the previous candle, just as high as the bottom of the red rectangle.
>>
>>3233959
>whiskers
>bars
just go, faggot

the wicks show the limits of the price within the time period
the body shows the opening and closing price of said time period
if opening > closing, candlestick is red, otherwise it's green
>>
>>3233881
Yep.
>>
File: 1502926826222.jpg (34KB, 1200x800px)
1502926826222.jpg
34KB, 1200x800px
>>3234031
>designed for trading
>still used for trading
>>
>>3233938
Thank you blessed anon
>>
>>3235670
This is why you don't make money trading
>>
>>3235851
heh, i am but thanks for the keks dude
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.