[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Economic question

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2

File: ponzi.png (777KB, 792x528px) Image search: [Google]
ponzi.png
777KB, 792x528px
So as far as I can tell, all the threads here are pump and dump for specific altcoins, and the whole thing looks like a huge dutch tulip market.

I see two sources of actual revenue flowing to crypto. It's easier to launder money and make darkweb deals than with cash, which at some point governments are going to try to stomp on and make whatever coin they're currently targeting worthless (even if they can't shut down crypto, they CAN stomp/track a specific authentication method).

The second is just a gambling/bubble/pump and dump system, where for every schmuck who makes it big, convinced of the superiority of their "system", there's a few dozen bagholders who lost money on it.
Or will be, anyway, as soon as the bubble pops and there's a scramble for IRL cash before the bank run busts the exchanges, and investors stop being willing to buy assets for pennies like they were during the financial crunch.

Can anyone share another reason why crypto adds value to the market as a currency?
It's an ok medium of exchange when you don't want to be tracked, but I'm unconvinced that the lack of consumer protections make it better than the standard credit system.
They're so volatile that they're a shitty store of value or unit of account though.

So sell me on why investing in crypto is a smarter move than 90's internet stocks.

Also, for those asking for someone to predict short term gains, if anyone could accurately predict what a coin would be worth in 2 weeks they would leverage the shit out of anything they could get their hands on to take advantage of it, to the point that the price would go up to that for anyone trying to buy it after them.
Lern to Arbitrage. You can't buy something unless someone is willing to sell it at that price, and unless the person shilling is telling you what their insider info is, you have no evidence of information asymmetry and can assume a shill for pumpndump/ponzi scheme that aims to leave you holding the bag.
>>
>>3233204
A lot of value came out of 90s internet stocks, if you want to compare to that it's more about which select few are worth investing in
>>
Now you're beginning to learn. There are only a handful that are decent stand in currencies. I believe they're good because the block chain idea takes some of the power away from banks and govts. Makes it easy to do A to B transactions on the internet. That's what they're for. The rest is speculating.
>>
some have obvious uses, most of the money is on spec. have to wait and see adoption. imagine dumping 1000 into google in the 90s
>>
File: IMG_5172.jpg (100KB, 750x750px)
IMG_5172.jpg
100KB, 750x750px
It is a speculative market. The technologies will unfurl but I don't see anything of use that gains mainstream adoption for another few years. It will happen. Encryption and these technologies are powerful and will take the place of many institutions that operate in "dated" manners relatively. Right now you get in early and you get out early. Don't buy bags don't buy high. It's memes. Some tech is useful. 0x, kyber for instance will be immediately useful for trading crypto which is one of their main uses. Hence why 0x. Went 10x and then about 6x ICO now and kyber will similarly. You must pick up the bits of gold that could become something as smart investors will do the same. Some people are willing to hold on and forget in the face of a sound idea and thus to make a quick buck in this game you must do your research and play the game and realize it's all funny money for now so getting out to BTC or fiat or ETH is paramount to success. HODL is a psy op used to control brainlet wallets. Incredible psychology goes on on this board which is why I visit here. Use the internet for actual work but you can feel the normies emotions here and make plays on it and manipulate markets with shit posts. Incredible.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.